CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

I thought the michael keaton family gag was the funniest. that, a couple of the deaths in the beginning and the torture bit (all this shit is in the trailers, so no spoilers here) were pretty much the only things I laughed at.

Agreed. I love the family... that should've been the story instead of Scarlett. Instead we spend less than five min with them

Although the biggest laugh for me was

The fakeout Orlando billboard gag. Fittingly almost right after that is when the whole thing goes off the rails.

In OC Minions has more than the combined number of shows Genisys and Magic Mike had last week. Both movies combined has 152 shows, Minions has 246 shows in the theaters I checked.

The 2 movies combined had made 4.7M previews.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

In OC Minions has more than the combined number of shows Genisys and Magic Mike had last week. Both movies combined has 152 shows, Minions has 246 shows in the theaters I checked.

The 2 movies combined had made 4.7M previews.

That would translate to $7.6M

This should be fine, but DM3 is going to take the financial repercussions.

I think DM3 probably will be hit by TS4 and possibly Wonder Woman if that remains in June 2017. Universal are lucky Illumination films aren't expensive to make. The Secret Life of Pets looks decent but it's in a tough slot.

This should be fine, but DM3 is going to take the financial repercussions.

I disagree, as long as Universal downplays the minions elements and tries to sell the "Gru is back!" more, I think DM3 will be an equal success. Audiences will be so much more willing to forgive a boring prequel/spinoff.