baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

Nikki is saying $1.8m for Spidey, an increase of only 14%. Looks like the Olympics and shooting were a bad combo for the box office as a whole.

TASM was always gonna die completely after TDKR. I don't understand why some people could never get that.

FRIDAY PM: Pardon my absence. I took a blissful day off at the start of what was sure to be a downer of a moviegoing weekend – and was. Here’s the Top Ten based on Friday estimates. Refinements later…

1. The Dark Knight Rises (Legendary/Warner Bros) Week 2 [4,404 Runs] PG13

Friday $20.1M, Weekend $66.7M, Cume $291.8M

2. Step Up Revolution (Summit/Lionsgate) NEW [2,567 Runs) PG13

Friday $5.5M, Weekend $13.2M, Cume $13.2M

3. The Watch (Fox) NEW 3,168 Runs) R

Friday $4.8M, Weekend $14.0M, Cume $14.0M

4. Ice Age 4 (Fox) Week 3 [3,869 Runs) PG

Friday $3.7M, Weekend $11.5M, Cume $113.1M

5. Ted (Universal) Week 5 [3,129 Runs) R

Friday $2.0M, Weekend $6.2M, Cume $192.5M

6. The Amazing Spider-Man (Col/Sony) Week 4 [3,160 Run]

Friday $1.8M, Weekend $5.8M, Cume $241.1M

7. Brave (Pixar/Disney) Week 6 [2,551 Runs] PG

Friday $1.1M, Weekend $3.4M, Cume $216.5M

8. Magic Mike (Warner Bros) Week 5 [2,075 Runs] R

Friday $752K, Weekend $1.9M, Cume $107.0M

9. Savages (Universal) Week 4 [1,414 Runs] R

Friday $437K, Weekend $1.4M, Cume $43.6M

10. Madea’s Witness Protection (TPerry/Lionsgate) Week 5 [1,111 Runs] PG13

Friday $364K, Weekend $1.1M, Cume $62.6M

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/moviegoers-still-scared-the-watch-and-step-up-revolution-cant-crack-6m-friday-dark-knight-rises-passes-400m-global/

Nikki is saying $1.8m for Spidey, an increase of only 14%. Looks like the Olympics and shooting were a bad combo for the box office as a whole.

The actual drop from weekend to weekend would be like 45% though I think, so it's not terrible. It had a great increase on Thursday.

Well what Nikki has been given for SUP4 is about what I was thinking , but atm I don't know how you get a +52% increase over thurs, hoping im wrong WC would need to go through the roof :), the watch I thought was still on highside

• Like 1

"The shooting had no effect on box office." Where are those people now?

More like "the Olympics affected the box office." Over a billion people watched the opening ceremony worldwide. In reality that may have had a greater effect on the box office than the shootings last week.

Well what Nikki has been given for SUP4 is about what I was thinking , but atm I don't know how you get a +52% increase over thurs, hoping im wrong WC would need to go through the roof :), the watch I thought was still on highside

WC?

"The shooting had no effect on box office." Where are those people now?

I would say Olympics opening ceremony had a bigger effect on this Friday's jumps than shooting. Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Will the numbers, RTH. Demand it, and they shall come. Pleeease

Posted Image

More like "the Olympics affected the box office." Over a billion people watched the opening ceremony worldwide. In reality that may have had a greater effect on the box office than the shootings last week.

2008 tells a different story.

Well there you have it folks. RTH HATH SPOKEN. And Nikki is smoking from her hookah pipe as usual. Big surprise.