baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

Other than TDKR, those DHD numbers look like what Nikki would like them to be.0-15% increases for IA4, TASM and Brave? Hard to believe.

Olympics, and, Brave at least, had a pretty excellent Thursday increase.

So far, only OS numbers are cheering us up. Hopefully, it'll have a strong hold OS to compensate for a dreadful drop domestically.

I think it should do quite well overseas. Nolan seems to be a big hit over there judging from the success of Inception.

On the bright side, at least this isn't a THG situation where Nikki sets everyone up for a letdown. Rth busted that little bubble before she even posted anything.

Of course that incident can probably never be duplicated. Wasn't she saying like 75-80m weekend? Pff, we got $58m. :angry: I'm still recovering from that.
  • Like 1

Of course that incident can probably never be duplicated. Wasn't she saying like 75-80m weekend? Pff, we got $58m. :angry: I'm still recovering from that.

That was HORRIFYINGSome of us thought THG could do $500m once those Nikki numbers came...I even think $500m club was about to be made till the bubble burst...nd oh my did it burst.

Olympics, and, Brave at least, had a pretty excellent Thursday increase.

2008 Olympics opened on August 8th:http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2008-08-08&p=.htmThose increases look pretty normal to me.

Please let Nikki be right and Rth wrong for once...but I don't think so, my big local theaters were extremely slow across the board tonight :(

Edited by FTF
  • Like 1

On the bright side, at least this isn't a THG situation where Nikki sets everyone up for a letdown. Rth busted that little bubble before she even posted anything.

Yep. I'd rather have my hopes dashed early than believe it would be great only to be let down.