baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

Except that he can't.He can give the numbers because he is anonymous.These numbers are for professionals only.

Too bad. Weird that he wants to be anonymous while Nikki doesn't mind being in everyone's faces. :lol:

Went with 10 people to go see this in IMAX yesterday. IMAX was sold out. So was the next IMAX showing. Question on a realllly out there theory: anyone think it's possible IMAX may be hurting this movie right now? They have marketed IMAX to such great extent that maybe people are overlooking regular 2d and waiting for IMAX shows, but the capacity isn't really there to meet demand for the format?I know of friends who keep saying they haven't gone because they want to watch it in IMAX but evening shows are constantly sold out, so they're waiting. 2d shows have more than enough empty seats, but are being skipped. I know my family skipped the movie on Wed because IMAX sold out. Again, really out there, but a thought.

Ain't no way in hell BD2 is making 400M

I didn't think so either. :lol:I see BD2 ending up somewhere around 310M DOM. Maybe more now after the Kristen cheating scandal.I was wondering at his four 400M movies and what they would be though.

"could have"?Can still be with those.TASM had an outside shot at $400 Million...an outside shot when the year began...but the hype never got there.

Oh, I know TDKR still has a chance. But it's no longer a given anymore.

So at this rate...7/27/12 Friday: 17M. Total Gross = 242M7/28/12 Saturday: 21M. Total Gross = 263M7/29/12 Sunday: 17M. Total Gross = 280M7/30/12 Monday: 11M. Total Gross = 291M7/31/12 Tuesday: 9M. Total Gross = 300M8/1/12 Wednesday: 5M. Total Gross = 305M8/2/12 Thursday: 4M. Total Gross = 309MNext weekend it will compete vs Total Recall8/3/12 Friday: 7M. Total Gross = 316M8/4/12 Saturday: 10M. Total Gross = 326M8/5/12 Sunday: 7M. Total Gross = 333MTell me I'm wrong, I want to be.

"could have"?Can still be with those.TASM had an outside shot at $400 Million...an outside shot when the year began...but the hype never got there.

The Spiderman brand was already going downhill, and with Spiderman 3 being the most recent film I really don't think Spider-Man ever had a chance. Now if it had been 20 years since any Spiderman film had been out, then yes, I would say 400 would be a possibility.I always thought even 300M would be a stretch.

Posted Image

OMG if those are the numbers. So I guess finally EVERYONE can admit, this shooting may have changed going to the movies forever. As for the Olympics, I don't know, most people watch the opening ceremonies but they don't watch every single event. It's not like a Super Bowl. Sure 1 Billion People Worldwide watched the O.C. but in the U.S. it's friday night. This whole thing is sad, If TDKR doesn't break 400 Million then 1 Billion WW might be in trouble too.

Edited by filmscholar

Next weekend it will compete vs Total Recall

Total Recall won't be a huge hit, but it will be competition for TDKR since they are both action flicks. TR will also have two hot babes in it. TDKR might be having another harsh drop in it's third weekend.