baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

You obviously haven't seen RTH's posts. He says there's no way it did $20M according to his calculations. Gave us a range of 16.5-17.5. 18 as the high.

If he says so.... it will probably be right......

Sorry to ask it again,---When will the certitude figure of TDKR come out?(Friday U.S time)

In half an hour.... when Rth posts his numbers..... :)Officially it will come around 8 hours later........

Someone American would be able to answer better, I'm normally asleep when estimates come in.

Maybe about 11 or 12 EST. ERC might have an updated estimate that will be pretty close to it a couple hours earlier than that though

I cant believe Spiderman 3 is REALLY going to be a good comparison for this, both DOM and OS.

Except SM3 shattered the opening record, had a completely open and perfect market for 2 weeks, and completely shit the bed despite everything going in its favor. TDKR was already going to have issues with the Olympics on its second Friday, but WB arrogantly assumed the first weekend would make up for that. Then the unthinkable happened with the shooting so now they have a one-two punch on both weekends. Someone at WB is on the hot seat for this one I bet. What's that saying? Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. With that release date, they assumed nothing would go wrong during opening weekend. Stupid assumption given what happened.
  • Like 1

I think when it comes to the tent poles, rallax' theater usually seem to do better than the actual domestic numbers when it comes to holds and 3d shares and stuff like that (well for as long as i've been visiting these boards anyway, since early May).

Except SM3 shattered the opening record, had a completely open and perfect market for 2 weeks, and completely shit the bed despite everything going in its favor. TDKR was already going to have issues with the Olympics on its second Friday, but WB arrogantly assumed the first weekend would make up for that. Then the unthinkable happened with the shooting so now they have a one-two punch on both weekends. Someone at WB is on the hot seat for this one I bet. What's that saying? Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. With that release date, they assumed nothing would go wrong during opening weekend. Stupid assumption given what happened.

I'd hardly say they were arrogant. There's no way anyone would've thought someone would shoot up a theatre and kill 12 people.