baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

No one is going to call $400M+ domestic box office shitty.

Exactly. 400m is fantastic for any movie. But is it underwhelming for this movie? Yes.

Only 14 movies have made $400M+

94 if you take into account inflation. Edited by Dark Prince

Given the circumstances of the Colorado tragedy, its a great number and that is how it will be viewed by the box office analysts/media when its all said and done.

not likely. I think many will view this movie's box office as a disappointment. Considering such factors as anticipation, expectations, media coverage, the release date and theatre count, etc., even a run with an enormous total can be considered unsatisfying or even mediocre on a personal level. Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

Considering such factors as anticipation, expectations, media coverage, the release date and theatre count, etc., even a run with an enormous total can be considered unsatisfying or even mediocre on a personal level.

And all of that went kaput the moment what happened in Colorado happened. You really think people are going to hold that against the film for falling short financially in the wake of all that? The entire box office is down because of it. Edited by filmnerdjamie

not likely. I think many will view this movie's box office as a disappointment. Considering such factors as anticipation, expectations, media coverage, the release date and theatre count, etc., even a run with an enormous total can be considered unsatisfying or even mediocre on a personal level.

Not at all. Due to the tradegy it will be considered a good gross during these times.

Who says the avengers is the best comic book movie ever? I disagree, tdk and iron man and spidey 2 may have something to say about that ( just responding on my iPhone I can't quote who underlined that ta was the goat)

• Founder / Operator

Given the circumstances of the Colorado tragedy, its a great number and that is how it will be viewed by the box office analysts/media when its all said and done.

Yup.But, without debate, what would anyone have to talk about? ;)

The Colorado shooting does not explain the pretty bad hold it will have this weekend. As I explained in a previous post. You can't just use that as a safe card every time the movie performs below expectations.

yes it can, many of the casual and family audiences are still wary about going to the theater. Also, we now have the Olympics
  • Like 1

(just adding) - tdkrises, x2, first class, begins, even superman the movie, v for vendetta all all great too. Avengers may be the most entertaining of them all, but the best? We'll see after the one liners and explosions wear off. (not a hater avengers Is top 5, top 3 best comic movie no doubt, jay sayin though) also, for me it'd be nice for rises to hit 400 million (it will) cause the trilogy will have 2 400+ grossers and 2 billion dollar movies. Avengers will join that in 2015 as well, unless it's crappy like iron man 2)

Yup.

But, without debate, what would anyone have to talk about? ;)

Whether or not Breaking Dawn - Part II and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will join Avengers, Dark Knight Rises and Hunger Games (Can't believe I forgot Hunger Games!) in the $400M domestic club. Edited by filmnerdjamie