Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

Yeah which is my point, if nobody was seriously predicting less than 20m how the heck is $9.5-$12.5M today and $26M-$32M for the weekend impressive at all?

It is simple. It isn't.

Yeah, you are not a fanboy yet you are the only one in here defending it's shitty early numbers. :rolleyes::rofl: I guess Colin Ferrell lied when he said the budget was 160M then, huh? :rofl:I find some people's lack of conviction disturbing.

Actually I'm not the only one here saying it exceeded this board's expectations (but not my own), but I notice you're the only one throwing a tantrum over the fact that it's gonna outgross your predictions by about 3x as much. ;) Thou doth protest too much. :PAnd how the hell does an actor know a movie's budget over the studio figure? Since when do actors report on budgets anyways? Really though I couldn't care less about TR, but it obviously means something to you so continue freaking out over it shattering your "bomb of the ages" predictions. It's very entertaining.

I can't be bothered by this film, but I wonder which fandom is responsible for that. :rolleyes:

Nolanites!No seriously, it's a remake to a 1990 film that's held in high esteem by the geek community, that's probably why it's been disparaged. Nobody really wanted a remake, so they're gonna trash it even if a great many of them haven't seen it. Edited by MrPink

It seems like the audience reaction to TR isn't that great: one day out and it has 6.3 on IMDB

Never stood a chance with a decent rating on IMDB. Too much Arnold outrage, lol.

Nolanites!No seriously, it's a remake to a 1990 film that's held in high esteem by the geek community, that's probably why it's been disparaged. Nobody really wanted a remake, so they're gonna trash it even if a great many of them haven't seen it.

And that's exactly what happened on IMDB. Since it was announced it was hated and the Arnold fans let it be known.

Actually I'm not the only one here saying it exceeded this board's expectations (but not my own), but I notice you're the only one throwing a tantrum over the fact that it's gonna outgross your predictions by about 3x as much. ;) Thou doth protest too much. :PAnd how the hell does an actor know a movie's budget over the studio figure? Since when do actors report on budgets anyways? Really though I couldn't care less about TR, but it obviously means something to you so continue freaking out over it shattering your "bomb of the ages" predictions. It's very entertaining.

Let me type this slowly for you since you can't seem to grasp the concept that. was. not. an. actual. prediction. The only one throwing a tantrum here is you since you can't grasp the fact that 26-32 is simply terrible for a film of this budget.

And that's exactly what happened on IMDB. Since it was announced it was hated and the Arnold fans let it be known.

Yep. So deserved. I mean, are any of these quotes going to be in the movie?'See you at the party, Richter!''C'mon Cohaagen, you got what you want...give deez people air!''HAHAHA, you think this is the real Quaid? It is.''Hey Benny....SCREEEEEEEW YOOOOOOOOU''What have you been feeding this thing? Blondes.''Consider that a divorce!'None of these in the remake? 6.3/10 at best.

If The Dark Knight Rises grosses less than $30M this weekend...Riot.But seriously...wtf!?

It's not going to. Even with 9M, TDKR should hit around 30M. Early numbers are rarely spot on. I'll wait for Rth to confirm this.