Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

TR will win Friday. I knew that all along. I think TDKR will still barely win the weekend since TR should slightly drop tomorrow, but dammit I will be so pissed if TR pulls the upset since I'm like the only one who had it winning in the BSG this week, but I changed it last minute. :unsure:

Considering how terrible TR's reviews are (and the ad campaign failed to add any ideas onto the cool action displayed in early trailers), I think anything CLOSE to 30m is a triumph.But I expect it to probably settle in at the low 20's and TDKR to continue to monopolize the barren theater industry for one more week. Nikki's done this a ton of times before, with odd over-estimations of movies like this.

What the hell were you guys expecting for TR?? 15m?? This opening isn't beyond expectations or amazing (see what I did there?) at all, for the amount of advertising it had and the budget, it's actually quite poor.

LOL Sure it's not great but it's still much better than the 10m & 20m predictions thrown around here. The simple fact that it's hanging in there with TDKR with all of the hating around here today is amazing in of itself. You know you've seen the predictions. What did you predict for it?
  • Like 1

What the hell were you guys expecting for TR?? 15m?? This opening isn't beyond expectations or amazing (see what I did there?) at all, for the amount of advertising it had and the budget, it's actually quite poor.

You obviously didn't see the ridiculous predictions being thrown around here this past week for it did you? People were sub 15m. I told everyone it would do 30-35m OW but most didn't wanna listen. And I can't at JackO having the nerve to like that post! After he's falling flat on his face with his 10/21 prediction. :rotfl: