Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

So early numbers with a ranges of 3M for the day? I mean I could have given this number few days back.As usual, will need to wait for more accurate updates later. Rth will probably chime in pre-midnight and confirm it later, if the numbers still hold then we can start the meltdowns/celebrations/stake-burning.

There was this one called Hand of illumination that was insistent it was gonna slaughter THG at the domestic box office and gross 900m+ WW right up till it came out! :rofl: He disappeared during OW and I've never seen him since.

I remember him. Poor schmuck. Might still be here with a new username among us, too ashamed to admit epic defeat.

I just hate it when people try to backtrack and say they expected this all along when if you go look in the TR thread or weekend predictions thread you can see the majority were sureTR would be some epic sub 15m OW bomb.

Lol, people really had sub 15M OW predictions. Movie looks utter crap other then Beckinsale, she's hot in everything she does. :wub:

All the JC fanboys disappeared as soon as numbers started rolling in! It was epic. Some of them still haven't returned! :lol:

Poor tribefan, I know how it feels when a movie you've been committed to supporting fails on such a massive level (The Last Airbender).
  • Like 1

And i hate when people attack others for not even serious predictions and they could read the actual prediction one post down.

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/380-total-recall-re-make-august-3-2012/page__st__720So where is this "serious" prediction then since you're so obsessed with this? All I see is that hilariously epic 10/21 one halfway down the page. ;) Don't feel too bad though, if you keep browsing through the thread you'll see others had similar predictions. I even see a 7m OW one in there! :rotfl:

Poor tribefan, I know how it feels when a movie you've been committed to supporting fails on such a massive level (The Last Airbender).

Not only did I support JC but I also supported Green Lantern.

So I'm guessing Total Recall has a 70% chance of beating TDKR?

Less then that. TDKR will increase Sat, while TR will beings its sharp drop back to irrelevancy. More like 10% chance TR wins.

http://forums.boxoff...2/page__st__720So where is this "serious" prediction then since you're so obsessed with this? All I see is that hilariously epic 10/21 one halfway down the page. ;)Don't feel too bad though, if you keep browsing through the thread you'll see others had similar predictions. I even see a 7m OW one in there! :rotfl:

If you want to call me out so much, why didn't you actually quote the post, or the one two posts beneath it? ;):rolleyes:

I predicted 28M for TR and still think it will make that or lower. Also, I remember how the Ghost Rider 2's production budget was reported as 57M instead of 75M (which was the number used everywhere up to that point) right after it opened.Sony is the studio behind both GR and TR.