Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

You obviously didn't see the ridiculous predictions being thrown around here this past week for it did you? People were sub 15m. I told everyone it would do 30-35m OW but most didn't wanna listen. And I can't at JackO having the nerve to like that post! After he's falling flat on his face with his 10/21 prediction. :rotfl:

That wasn't a prediction :rolleyes:

There was a gigantic Colin Farrell in the final poster. If that is the best idea you have to sell your movie you are fucked.And TR will flop OS. No way it does 200M+ like John Carter and Battleship.

Wow were there seriously predictions below 15m?? You'd think people on this side had better box office prowess than that. I predicted high 20s for it (I answered Yes to the over 25m question in BSG).

People predicting under 20M weren't serious.

This summer pretty much sucks BO-wise. And movie wise, too

It compares to 2010 very strongly. Two movies that stuck (TS3/Inception vs TA/TDKR), some smaller bright spots and a lot of forgettable/crappy movies.
  • Like 1

:lol:Lol, nice attempt to backtrack there. Too bad your 10/21 prediction in the TR thread doesn't bare even a hint of sarcasm. You were totally serious and even used Conan as your reasoning for it.

It's not an attempt to backtrack, fanboy. Maybe you should have read the post directly under it. :rolleyes: And while you are at, I find it hilarious you are celebrating over shitty early numbers since not even those will cover it's budget. :rofl:

It's not an attempt to backtrack, fanboy. Maybe you should have read the post directly under it. :rolleyes: And while you are at, I find it hilarious you are celebrating over shitty early numbers since not even those will cover it's budget. :rofl:

HAHAHAHA,I haven't even seen the movie (or the original) nor do I particularly care if and when I do so epic fail at that fanboy label! :lol: I simply had reasonable box office expectations for it when most people around here were throwing around ludicrous numbers. And for the record TR's budget is 120m not the ridiculous $200m that was initially rumored. With a 30m+ OW DOM and OS it will at least break even. Edited by MovieMan89

HAHAHAHA,I haven't even seen the movie (or the original) nor do I particularly care if and when I do so epic fail at that fanboy label! :lol: I simply had reasonable box office expectations for it when most people around here were throwing around ludicrous numbers. And for the record TR's budget is 120m not the ridiculous $200m that was initially rumored. With a 30m+ OW DOM and OS it will at least break even.

Yeah, you are not a fanboy yet you are the only one in here defending it's shitty early numbers. :rolleyes::rofl: I guess Colin Ferrell lied when he said the budget was 160M then, huh? :rofl:I find some people's lack of conviction disturbing. Edited by JackO

how come nobody is talking about how TDKR might make less than 30m it seems?

30m is the minimum if the lowest possible number today is 9m according to THR. Edited by Gopher

HAHAHAHA,I haven't even seen the movie (or the original) nor do I particularly care if and when I do so epic fail at that fanboy label! :lol: I simply had reasonable box office expectations for it when most people around here were throwing around ludicrous numbers. And for the record TR's budget is 120m not the ridiculous $200m that was initially rumored. With a 30m+ OW DOM and OS it will at least break even.

Wasn't it reported as $200m by most sources until a few days ago? A lot of studios downsize their budgets when it looks like their movie is going to underperform.
  • Like 1

TR will win Friday. I knew that all along. I think TDKR will still barely win the weekend since TR should slightly drop tomorrow, but dammit I will be so pissed if TR pulls the upset since I'm like the only one who had it winning in the BSG this week, but I changed it last minute. :unsure:

You knew TR would win Friday? It's still considerably early.
  • Like 1

Wasn't it reported as $200m by most sources until a few days ago? A lot of studios downsize their budgets when it looks like their movie is going to underperform.

Yes it was. Then Farrell said in a interview that the movie costed 160M. A few days ago the LA Times reported a 125M budget.