Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

It's really a shame about TR sucking, because early trailers looked OKAY at least, and the original was (by today's standards) a pretty imaginative, legit sci-fi flick. There really aren't too many like that nowadays, and I had slight hopes that TR could fill the District 9/PotA role.But I'm not surprised it blows.

The trailers gave us no reason to think this would be anything more than schlock. Its director delivered exactly the product people expected of his talent: a toothless action movie just like Die Hard 4 was.

Indy 3 ending on USA Network right now just makes me sad to think that they continued the franchise. Should have ended right there. You just can't top Connery and Ford as father and son in a quest for the Holy Grail. And they shouldn't have even tried to top it. Screw you, Lucas and Spielberg.

Edited by redfirebird2008

The trailers gave us no reason to think this would be anything more than schlock. Its director delivered exactly the product people expected of his talent: a toothless action movie just like Die Hard 4 was.

Die Hard 4 is actually decent if you get past the fact that it's not R-rated. It was entertaining and the action sequences were exciting. But Total Recall requires more than that.
  • Like 1

Indy 3 ending on USA Network right now just makes me sad to think that they continued the franchise. Should have ended right there. You just can't top Ford and Connery as father and son on the quest for the Holy Grail. And they shouldn't have even tried to top it. Screw you, Lucas and Spielberg.

Studios want the money. Bourne Legacy I'm looking at U.But Bourne is supposedly really good.

All the warning signs were there but I was still hoping for the best, lol.

Die Hard 4 is actually decent if you get past the fact that it's not R-rated. It was entertaining and the action sequences were exciting. But Total Recall requires more than that.

I only watched half of it on DVD before giving up. I think my problem was I never felt like I was watching John 'curse like a trooper every 5 minutes' McClain.

Indy 3 ending on USA Network right now just makes me sad to think that they continued the franchise. Should have ended right there. You just can't top Connery and Ford as father and son in a quest for the Holy Grail. And they shouldn't have even tried to top it. Screw you, Lucas and Spielberg.

Almost 800 mill WW is why they continued to make another. :)

I only watched half of it on DVD before giving up. I think my problem was I never felt like I was watching John 'curse like a trooper every 5 minutes' McClain.

You don't have the unrated version? That's got the f-bombs you want, but they add in CGI blood to make it look like amped up violence.

TDKR is selling out at AMC Empire(highest grossing theater in U.S.).NY loves batman.

Yup, and the Lincoln Square IMAX will sell out probably every Friday and Saturday evening show until it switches to another movie (RE?). Alot of week night shows sell out still too (IMAX I mean).

Yup, and the Lincoln Square IMAX will sell out probably every Friday and Saturday evening show until it switches to another movie (RE?). Alot of week night shows sell out still too (IMAX I mean).

TDKR is keeping the film IMAX screens like Lincoln Square until October or November. Digital IMAX will go to Resident Evil in mid-September.