CJohn

Weekend (8/10-12/12) Estimates: Bourne Legacy 40.3M; Campaign 27.4M; Hope Springs 15.6M

If Hollywood hadn't jumped the shark already with a remake of Spider-man (yes, that's right, a remake), then I'd say this is surely that moment.

Oh, TASM is absolutely a remake. If they seriously now remake a movie that is only 8 years old, I will weep. I will weep for the death of creativity in the mainstream hollywood

Man up, Sony. Disney reported John Carter's dailies for over a month. Uni is still reporting Battleship's dailies. Then again, we're talking about the remake that barely opened to more than the 1990 original, so...

Bourne's CinemaScore is terrible for a franchise with a big fanbase. Usually sequels have a guaranteed amount of people who will like it.

Aw come on. It's not a true sequel. The main character and actor is missing.

Oh, TASM is absolutely a remake. If they seriously now remake a movie that is only 8 years old, I will weep. I will weep for the death of creativity in the mainstream hollywood

If Hollywood hadn't jumped the shark already with a remake of Spider-man (yes, that's right, a remake), then I'd say this is surely that moment.

Except TASM is not a remake, it's a reboot. If we are going through this "logic", Batman Begins, Man of Steel and the next Batman reboot are remakes as well.