CJohn

Weekend (8/10-12/12) Estimates: Bourne Legacy 40.3M; Campaign 27.4M; Hope Springs 15.6M

This is just a bad number for TR so no surprise that Sony has already disowned the movie.

I was thinking imagine if Bourne didn't pull back and opened with Total Recall...or Bourne opened first.Then Total Recall numbers would have been even worse.

I just saw Bourne Legacy, very mixed on it myself. I think the crowd was too. Had some good action moments, but for most part it was a boring movie.

Overall I thought it was fine, as a gap filler movie, hoping Damon comes back in #5...but the first 30 minutes should have been replaced with what happened later in the movie...in like 5 minutes, they told the whole set-up story.And to the other guy,there were more than 2 action scenes in this movie!

I won't get a chance to see Bourne this weekend. I have to rewatch Supremacy still anyway. Maybe I'll catch TBL on Tuesday.

I saw it! I still don't know how I feel about it. It was interesting but lacking in a lot of aspects. Have to think about it some more.
  • Like 1

2.6m for Total Recall is beyond bad. At least TDKR looks like it has a shot at 20m+ over the weekend. It definitely plays better over the weekend than it does on weekdays.

I kinda expected that to happen with the long runtime and the fact its audience is mostly adults. How many working people really have time to sit down for a nearly 3 hour movie during the week? Fuck, how many have time for a film half that length on a work night?

Bourne's weekend is solely off the BRAND, but from everyone I've talked to, it did not deliver and the only way to save the series is bringing Matt back in the 5th film. I heard it had it's moments but overall it's underwhelming. I don't see it going far and the I don't see strong legs.

I kinda expected that to happen with the long runtime and the fact its audience is mostly adults. How many working people really have time to sit down for a nearly 3 hour movie during the week? Fuck, how many have time for a film half that length on a work night?

agreed and look at this way. Someone works an eight hour plus a half break, so lets say you start your day at 8:00 Am and get done at 4:30. Half hour to get home which means it now 5. If you go to a 6:30 showing leave at six so quickly make a meal. movie gets done past 9:30 get home around 10:00, Which means like hour or less before going to bed. So spending two hours awake after getting done with work. That would be a long work day.