Gopher

Aug. 17-19, 2012 Studio Weekend Estimates (coming in...)

It's after midnight east coast and Nikke is more concerned Jay Leno laying off staffers then box office. I would not be surprised to see an even worse number tomorrow.

I'll really be completely shocked if tomorrow it goes even lower than Rth's $10-11m figure. Edited by FTF

Like I said before, you are the only one using the tragedy to pursue your agenda. Everyone, from posters, to respected sources, to the trades are saying that it had an effect on box office, which you seem to think is over because some film managed to hold onto 3M over a weekend.

Wow, you really don't get it do you? Everyone knows it had an affect on it at first! But some of you guys are just hiding behind it now that it's clearly long over. And I think that's disgusting. There are several posters on here who agree with me, them and myself have gotten into this with you guys many other times before. So don't act like this is some idea or theory I just came up with myself. I just happen to have a group of you TDKR loonies in full force tonight.

That's not what's being argued. 9/11 boosted the box-office (Spider-Man, Potter, Rings).

Short term, not at all, long term, sure. And JackO, I think Nikki's still embarrassed about her horrible call on Bourne last week.

Of course 9/11 affected the box office! My point was some people here are hiding behind the shooting to justify a movie not meeting their expectations when the effect is clearly over. So are they gonna hide behind another tragedy thats effect is over too like 9/11? That's all that was, let's not get into a 9/11 discussion here.

Edited by MovieMan89

Wow, you really don't get it do you? Everyone knows it had an affect on it at first! But some of you guys are just hiding behind it now that it's clearly long over. And I think that's disgusting. There are several posters on here who agree with me, them and myself have gotten into this with you guys many other times before. So don't act like this is some idea or theory I just came up with myself. I just happen to have a group of you TDKR loonies in full force tonight.

You are the only one hiding behind it. You are using the tragedy to back up your low opinion of the film's box office run.

Short term, not at all, long term, sure.And JackO, I think Nikki's still embarrassed about her horrible call on Bourne last week.

Probably. I guess she let the others fall on the sword this time. Still oddly quiet for a big blockbuster film's opening weekend..

You are the only one hiding behind it. You are using the tragedy to back up your low opinion of the film's box office run.

My opinion of TDKR's box office was never low, it was perfectly reasonable. The fact that you think my $450-470m TDKR predictions were low clearly show that you're the one with the unreasonable opinion of its box office run.
  • Like 2

My opinion of TDKR's box office was never low, it was perfectly reasonable. The fact that you think my $450-470m TDKR predictions were low clearly show that you're the one with the unreasonable opinion of its box office run.

Not really. You are on a crusade against those that say anything related to The Batman Shooting are Nolanites when it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the box office environment has changed since then.

Ah, good...now I'll use my post from page 7 you never responded to:You don't know what you're talking about. And I don't know what your predicitons for TDKR were, but I'll assume they were around its current ow and mid 400s finish? Now you made those predictions well before its ow and the shootings...but if someone had asked you a week or so before its release, to give a prediction if say a columbine type shooting occurred during a midnight showing, leaving double digit people dead and being on the news everywhere in the US for weeks, there's no freakin way you would have predicted the same thing- your #s would have been lower. So how the hell can you say a $25m more ow and $50-70m more dom finish definitely wouldn't have happened if the shootings didn't happen!We're not using the shootings as an excuse for the higher predictions, you're ignoring the shootings to justify the lower ones.
  • Like 3

I'll be surprised if TE don't cross 30m this weekend, is there any reason for this movie to underperform? I wasn't exepecting anything big, but at least an opening on par with the prequel. And why exactly are people throwing insults at each other in this thread?

I'll be surprised if TE don't cross 30m this weekend, is there any reason for this movie to underperform? I wasn't exepecting anything big, but at least an opening on par with the prequel. And why exactly are people throwing insults at each other in this thread?

The reason why it underperformed is the reason why we are arguing. ;)

Ah, good...now I'll use my post from page 7 you never responded to:You don't know what you're talking about. And I don't know what your predicitons for TDKR were, but I'll assume they were around its current ow and mid 400s finish? Now you made those predictions well before its ow and the shootings...but if someone had asked you a week or so before its release, to give a prediction if say a columbine type shooting occurred during a midnight showing, leaving double digit people dead and being on the news everywhere in the US for weeks, there's no freakin way you would have predicted the same thing- your #s would have been lower. So how the hell can you say a $25m more ow and $50-70m more dom finish definitely wouldn't have happened if the shootings didn't happen!We're not using the shootings as an excuse for the higher predictions, you're ignoring the shootings to justify the lower ones.

I would've cut my prediction from about 475m to around 440m if you had told me what was gonna happen would happen. And guess what? 440-450M is exactly where it's headed. ;)

I would've cut my prediction from about 475m to around 440m if you had told me what was gonna happen would happen. And guess what? 440-450M is exactly where it's headed. ;)

Ah, man you are so full of shit. You just said your prediction was $450-470m...you'd only lower it by $10m? Get the hell out of here. You're just not being honest anymore dude.
  • Like 1