Gopher

Aug. 17-19, 2012 Studio Weekend Estimates (coming in...)

Expendables 2 was so bad, it was good.I can see why Baumer didn't like it as much though. This one borders on complete parody, whereas the first one, which was occasionally referential to the old action flicks, took itself semi seriously.Also, I think TDKR could have done 500m without the shootings. Could. Never will know for sure, but I think it's wrong to merely assume it affected OW and nothing else. I predicted 550m. I was wrong, I just don't know how much I would have been wrong by

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

It's going to do $450m with the shootings. That's 90% of $500m. So, it shouldn't be "beyond you" as to why a lot thought it could do over $500m.

Which it would have done had it not been for the massacre.

So a massacre is the reason it didn't meet your expectations huh? Pure class right there.

A very respectable and impressive milestone. Why some people ever thought it could do $500m+ or pass TDK is beyond me.

Holy shit you're stupidly stubborn and obtuse. And I see you haven't responded to my post, should I view that as you knowing you're wrong? Seems that way.
  • Like 2

Excuse me, do you live in Aurora and saw the impact firsthand? Were you at the memorial service held for those who lost their lives in the tragedy? Are you paying respect to their memory in your sig? No to all? Well then don't ever accuse me of hiding behind a tragedy that rocked my hometown.

Well I wiil, when you accuse anyone who thinks that 500M is so outrageous as a Nolanite. You are using the tragedy to back up your own low opinion of the film's box office performance.

So a massacre is the reason it didn't meet your expectations huh? Pure class right there.

Why are you bringing class into it?This was one of the worst mass shootings in America's history. Nearly every media outlet labeled it as 'The Dark Knight Rises shooting', 'The Batman Massacre', etc. That was fueled to an even greater amount due to the killer calling himself the Joker.The massacre massively hurt TDKR.Move the fuck on and accept it.

Holy shit you're stupidly stubborn and obtuse. And I see you haven't responded to my post, should I view that as you knowing you're wrong? Seems that way.

I've responded to the issue plenty of times. OW was affected, minimal at best after that. Or did you not see how quickly the box office returned to normal after that weekend? So I'm not gonna keep feeding some of these ridiculous posts. Some of you will never admit to being wrong when there's a tragedy up for grabs.

Quick note see how it looks later but Exp2 10-11m, BL 4.5-4.8,Para 4-4.5, Spar 4.2-4.6

Ouchies. I had a feeling it was gonna be ugly for TE2 with Nikke being so quiet. Otherwise, meh.

Why are you bringing class into it?This was one of the worst mass shootings in America's history. Nearly every media outlet labeled it as 'The Dark Knight Rises shooting', 'The Batman Massacre', etc. That was fueled to an even greater amount due to the killer calling himself the Joker.The massacre massively hurt TDKR.Move the fuck on and accept it.

Why don't you move the fuck on and accept you were wrong with your expectations? Stop using a tragedy to hide behind when there's bucketloads of evidence that the box office wasn't strongly affected after that weekend. Edited by MovieMan89

I've responded to the issue plenty of times. OW was affected, minimal at best after that. Or did you not see how quickly the box office returned to normal after that weekend? So I'm not gonna keep feeding some of these ridiculous posts. Some of you will never admit to being wrong when there's a tragedy up for grabs.

Quickly returned to normal after that weekend?!? What the hell are you talking about?? Actually, that comment makes me done with you, like arguing with BKB, you know you're wrong and are purposely making no sense.
  • Like 1

Why don't you move the fuck on and accept you were wrong with your expectations? Stop using a tragedy to hide behind when there's bucketloads of evidence that the box office wasn't strongly affected after that weekend.

That is so wrong, it's not even funny considering I just quoted notfabio saying midnights are still effected.

Quickly returned to normal after that weekend?!? What the hell are you talking about?? Actually, that comment makes me done with you, like arguing with BKB, you know you're wrong and are purposely making no sense.

WTF? Go look at the next weekend. Everything had normal holds, several movies even had good or great holds. So what in the blue hell are you talking about me making no sense?

Quick note see how it looks later but Exp2 10-11m, BL 4.5-4.8,Para 4-4.5, Spar 4.2-4.6

As low as $10m for EX2?!? wow, that's terrible. And yeah, anything on TDKR? Edited by FTF

Why don't you move the fuck on and accept you were wrong with your expectations? Stop using a tragedy to hide behind when there's bucketloads of evidence that the box office wasn't strongly affected after that weekend.

There was nothing wrong with my expectations. I always admit when I'm wrong. There are enormous piles of evidence that overwhelmingly support that the entire box office climate was massively hurt from the shootings.

Before when I joined TE over 150M club a few weeks ago, I was thinking that because the ads showed exactly what the film was, people would be more open to it but I guess big guns are no longer a hot ticket in Hollywood anymore.