Gopher

Aug. 17-19, 2012 Studio Weekend Estimates (coming in...)

Yes considering it's already at right under 900m WW and will likely get another 100m out of US plus current OS markets combined without even factoring in China and I think, Italy still not opening yet. 1B+ is a lock.

I have a bad feeling about China. I think Spiderman may outgross TDKR in china and have a big effect on its gross. Hope not.

why?

The WB was so worried about this issue that it lead me to believe Spiderman is bigger in China. I'm probably wrong but weDidn't hear anything about Sony bitching about the 2 being released together.

The WB was so worried about this issue that it lead me to believe Spiderman is bigger in China. I'm probably wrong but weDidn't hear anything about Sony bitching about the 2 being released together.

Has it occurred to you that WB and Sony talked and WB agreed to take one for the team?

I know, i know...

In another reality, "JCVD" letters should have been replaced by SS, AS or BW.

I loved the movie JCVD. What a brilliant role for him to play, and I can't believe that movie didn't make him a hot commodity again.

If there are any Van Damme or 80's action fans who haven't seen JCVD, do yourself a favor and go find it.

I have a bad feeling about China. I think Spiderman may outgross TDKR in china and have a big effect on its gross. Hope not.

Maybe TASM will make more than TDKR in China due to 3D increases, they both should do at least $50M.The buzz for both is apparently very big!TASM is taking nearly all 3D screens and TDKR taking nearly all 2D screens so it will be a good fight between them!

The WB was so worried about this issue that it lead me to believe Spiderman is bigger in China. I'm probably wrong but we

Didn't hear anything about Sony bitching about the 2 being released together.

for the majority of people I contact,when Tobey Maguire's Spider man Triolgy was over,it is over.

they don't give a damn about the current one which is far out matched by TDKR in both boxoffice and rating

Edited by rickfox
  • Like 1

Has it occurred to you that WB and Sony talked and WB agreed to take one for the team?

Why exactly would a rival studio "take one for the team" when so much money is at stake?

Earlier this month, China Film opened the 3-D animated films "Ice Age: Continental Drift" and "The Lorax" on the same day. While "Ice Age" has grossed a healthy $51 million in the country, "Lorax" was decimated by the competition, opening to less than $1 million.

I doubt either studio wants to see this happen.

Unfortunately the uncivilized, barbaric Chinese governemnt is bossing things. They fudge everything. IM3 will be a Chinese film for intsance next year. WB and Sony can't complain too much, because they either accept this scenario or face their film not to be released at all.