Gopher

Aug. 17-19, 2012 Studio Weekend Estimates (coming in...)

The Complete List of 2012 Summer Movies that didn't disappointThe AvengersThe Best Exotic Marigold HotelMagic MikeTed

Not true. Everything did pretty much exactly what was expected or even better except these:Dark ShadowsBattleshipPrometheusThat's My BoyRock of Ages

The Complete List of 2012 Summer Movies that didn't disappointThe AvengersThe Best Exotic Marigold HotelMagic MikeTed

Moonrise Kingdom, Brave, Spider-Man, Men in Black, Snow White, and Ice Age all did well, both domestic and overseas. And if TDKR's crime is merely being one of the biggest movies ever (as opposed to being the biggest movie ever) then it's hard to call that one a disappointment too.
  • Like 3

Not true. Everything did pretty much exactly what was expected or even better except these:Dark ShadowsBattleshipPrometheusThat's My BoyRock of Ages

I disagree but I will add Moonrise Kingdom to my list. I thought its budget was around 35 million. It is actually 16 million so 40-45 million is a success.

Moonrise Kingdom, Brave, Spider-Man, Men in Black, Snow White, and Ice Age all did well, both domestic and overseas. And if TDKR's crime is merely being one of the biggest movies ever (as opposed to being the biggest movie ever) then it's hard to call that one a disappointment too.

I agree with Moonrise. See my post above but all the rest of the movies are Box Office disappointments of one sort or another even though all of them will make money.

Ice Age was pretty weak here. Agreed on everything else, though.

Brave, Spider-man, MIB, Snow White, TDKR were all dissapointments in the sense that they grossed less than most projected. A disspontment can still be successful financially.

MIB and Spider-Man were pretty in line with my predictions. I could see fanboys getting overzealous about Spider-Man, but I don't know why anyone would've predicted 200m+ for Men in Black.

Edited by tribefan695

After early reports, on her own (cause there are no real other stars in her movie), she's doing half of Expendables 2 which has Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Norris, Van Damme, Willis and tons of other stars. And her movie is in 1,200 less theaters and has a 7 times smaller budget and much less promotion. I say, when you compare, Whitney is proving that she can pull in audiences. Her movie will already be profitable in a few days. Some people even had the nerve to compare "Sparkle" to "Glitter". Well Glitter grossed a total of 4 million. Sparkle is headed towards a 16 million on opening weekend alone, and who knows maybe more. When all is said and done, she will have no flops as all her movies did money. Many big stars have several movies that gross in single digits total, Sparkle is doing fine.However I was definitely bold with my thread, but so far she's beating many predictions too. I personally expected more theaters and promotion, but I'm still hoping the movie can cross 20 million opening weekend. But EXP2 is the real embarrassement so far, and it shows that if you make a 100 million budget movie with 10 huge stars, it can still do very modest. Whitney's numbers are very respectable considering her movie is not commerical oriented at all, but I do admit that my expectations were too high. But still, even in the report they say that it's a great number for Sparkle, cause they know without Whitney it would have done nothing and because they know the movie has a limited appeal. She produced and starred in a movie that she loved, and it's doing good.On that note, I'm off to see Sparkle in about an hour :) Hopefully all numbers will increase cause the box office definitely needs it. I see that Paranorman is already lower, too bad.

Hope you enjoy it, I know you've been anticipating it like crazy.

Brave, Spider-man, MIB, Snow White, TDKR were all dissapointments in the sense that they grossed less than most projected. A disspontment can still be successful financially.

In that case Madagascar was also a success because almost everyone thought it would drop from the second film, and Spiderman did around the average of projections.

Hope you enjoy it, I know you've been anticipating it like crazy.

Thanks... :) Ever since The Preacher's Wife in 1996 to be exact. lol I'm glad she got to complete this movie before she passed, she's wanted to do produce this movie for over a decade, but anyways I won't get into details. I'm just glad that she got to make another movie after her great run in the 90's, but especially after everything she's been through... Too bad that she's not with us anymore, but I'll be paying tribute to her and I will enjoy this final project.

Despite the fact that eight movies should break 10m this weekend, this is the fourth weekend in a row that will be down double digits percent from last year. The slump continues.

Posted Image

Only replace TDKR with every movie ..

• Like 1