44 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Back to the Future

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Out of curiosity, which one?

The clocktower scene where they are racing against the lightning. I know it adds more tension, but I felt like it was too much after all we had gone through. I personally would've been fine with a quiet moment between Marty and the Doctor, they say goodbye, and Marty goes home.  If they really wanted to intensify things, they could have had some of Biff's bullies chase Marty and keep him running against the clock or something, but I don't think it was necessary.Still, I understand that others love that scene (including my film professor who showed the film in class) and it does help set up a surprise ending because Doc does rip up that note. 

• Like 2

The clocktower scene where they are racing against the lightning. I know it adds more tension, but I felt like it was too much after all we had gone through. I personally would've been fine with a quiet moment between Marty and the Doctor, they say goodbye, and Marty goes home.  If they really wanted to intensify things, they could have had some of Biff's bullies chase Marty and keep him running against the clock or something, but I don't think it was necessary.Still, I understand that others love that scene (including my film professor who showed the film in class) and it does help set up a surprise ending because Doc does rip up that note.

.... well, if you had me guess every scene I thought you were thinking about, that would've been one of my last choices! :lol:

Yes, it adds tension. That's exactly what you want for a climax. Not only is it necessary (IMO), but it's brilliantly executed. It's a near-perfect sequence of escalation, failure, and success (which leads to new problems). You could use it to teach a master class to most modern action films on how to properly set up, pace, and execute an action scene.

• Like 1

.... well, if you had me guess every scene I thought you were thinking about, that would've been one of my last choices! :lol:

Yes, it adds tension. That's exactly what you want for a climax. Not only is it necessary (IMO), but it's brilliantly executed. It's a near-perfect sequence of escalation, failure, and success (which leads to new problems). You could use it to teach a master class to most modern action films on how to properly set up, pace, and execute an action scene.

IDK, it didn't work for me.

One of me and my dads favorite movies ever. We used to watch it together anytime we saw it on. A classic where the characters are as lovable and the plot is as fun and well executed even after a thousand viewings.

• Like 2

Back to the Future is one of the most brilliant films ever made. Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale created a story with timeless characters and a love for the times of the 80s and 50s. Fox and Lloyd are one of cinema's greatest duos and Glover and Thompson both excel at their roles as well. The script is tight and funny, and the direction keeps everything thrilling and engaging. Zemeckis has always had an affinity for the cartoon-ish, and the relationship between Doc and Marty, along with the other character-based comedy is reminiscent of that in the best ways. It's a film that's hard to write about except to say it's one of the rare perfect films. There's nothing wrong with Back to the Future, and nothing could be done to improve it. That is the greatest compliment one can give a motion picture, and a compliment that Back to the Future wholly earns. A+