Jack Nevada

Worst Oscar-winning Performances

Agree with most of yours.

Haven't seen Cold Mountain. Shit looks way too boring. Cate Blanchett was fine in The Aviator.

Bill Murray should have won instead of Sean Penn.

DDL should have won instead of Adrian Brody.

And Kate Winslet should have been nominated for Revolutionary Road instead of The Reader.

Brody was incredible in The Pianist. The fact that he played a Holocaust survivor sure helped, but I think the Academy should still be commended for choosing him over the likes DDL and Nicholson and being willing to make him the youngest winner ever. One of the better calls they ever made.

• Like 3

Adrien Brody was amazing in The Pianist. I actually rank that as one of my favourite performances by an actor.

The first thing that comes to mind for me is Sean Connery in The Untouchables. Only watched the film for the first time a couple of months ago and was left wondering how on earth he even got nominated let alone won it.

• Like 1