baumer

Monday Numbers (Obama with a 37% drop is number 2)

Sweden has very hot women, at least that's the stereotype, so it would be a great place to visit.Can we keep our political views out of a box office thread? If you want to bash Obama, go to the Real Section and do it there. Just my opinion.

• Like 6

Regardless of whether someone is liberal or conservative they can take a more or less objective approach to a project. Sure, some of his leanings may be present in the film, but that doesn't mean it is a "hatchet job." Go see the film before you condemn it any further.

This post reeks of irony. I am being objective, it is a hatchet job. There's no "may be present in the film", the director's leanings are the ENTIRE basis of the film. He created it to "expose" Obama for what he thinks he is, and convince voters not to support the president. It is a textbook hatchet job. The RNC bump it is enjoying confirms this. Edited by doublejack

This post reeks of irony. I am being objective, it is a hatchet job. There's no "may be present in the film", the director's leanings are the ENTIRE basis of the film. He created it to "expose" Obama for what he thinks he is, and convince voters not to support the president. It is a textbook hatchet job. The RNC bump it is enjoying confirms this.

No different than Michael Moore's leanings in his crap. Then again... Baumer made it very clear to take politics discussion into that area. Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 1

I'm all for bashing Obama (not that I know much about him but his birth place has always fascinated me).But this should be reserved for a Real Life forum. This should be about box office imo.

Gotcha! I was just refuting the assertion that it was in some way objective. It isn't, and Moore's films aren't either.Because it is a pandering type of film released during a politically charged environment, it is bound to behave in an unusal way in terms of the box office. We saw that today with Monday's abnormally low drop.

No different than Michael Moore's leanings in his crap. Then again... Baumer made it very clear to take politics discussion into that area.

I agree. The reason why 2016 is doing well is the same reason why Michael Moore's Fehrenheit 9/11 did well. People just wanna see how corrupt their leaders are. These things wouldn't do well if they didn't have merit and were all just hyperbole/conspiracy theory bullshit. I have some relatives have that seen 2016 and they say its very eye opening and loaded with facts of Obama's past, who he associated himself with, and what makes his motivation tick. They are still trying to get me to see it, but I'm just gonna wait for the DVD. I go the theater to be entertained.
  • Like 2

All I'm gonna say about 2016 is it makes me very happy that even with as hated as Obama is among many in this country right now, people still love to see George W Bush acting like the idiot he is even more than they hate Obama, as evidenced by Fahrenheit's box office making 2016 's look insignificant. :)

• Like 2

Damn! I'm taking the bait. Bush winning the first election is somewhat understandable with his predigree and family fortune to trick the people into thinking he had a brain. The second one he won was pure and utter crap. He is one of the stupidest sounding authoritative figures of all time. He can't put a sentence together adn clearly he is the face of the president but everyone else ran things for him. He stole the election for his second term and you will never, never convince me that his second term was not rigged.Americans put up with it though because there's too much complacency and acceptance of shady dealings. No one cares. I'm going to stop now.Let's just get this into the Real Life.

• Like 1

Damn! I'm taking the bait. Bush winning the first election is somewhat understandable with his predigree and family fortune to trick the people into thinking he had a brain. The second one he won was pure and utter crap. He is one of the stupidest sounding authoritative figures of all time. He can't put a sentence together adn clearly he is the face of the president but everyone else ran things for him. He stole the election for his second term and you will never, never convince me that his second term was not rigged.Americans put up with it though because there's too much complacency and acceptance of shady dealings. No one cares. I'm going to stop now.Let's just get this into the Real Life.

Obama will get a second term the exact same way that Bush did.The devil you know...
  • Like 3

Obama will get a second term the exact same way that Bush did.

The devil you know...

It's not needed whatsoever, with the GOP shooting themselves in the foot. Between the stupidity of the legitimate rape and birther comments and gems like "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact checkers", this entire campaign has been a disaster. Obama's position wasn't strong, as he had failed, though admittedly not by his own fault in some cases, to live up to the promises of his first election. Seize on that. Attack with rational facts, but instead, the GOP chooses a rich buffoon who shifts his position on every major topic if he believes it will land him the job. It won't.

The current political stance of the GOP is so far removed from the ideals of a true republican party. It's frightening. I lean sharply to the right with most economic issues and sharply to the left for social thoughts. If this campaign has been built around anything other than attacking Obama's viewpoints and revealing your own backwards, religion-driven stances on the relevant social topics of today, I would have voted for the GOP. Show some common sense with the abortion issue. Doesn't happen. Show some common sense with the gay rights, aka human rights, issue. Doesn't happen. Bible thumping in an increasingly secular world is not going to cut it and for some odd reason, these people don't get it. The party hasn't showed me their plans to continue moving this country in the right direction, and the radical nature of the modern GOP is being slowly revealed. There is no chance they win this election. None. The US political system is just in shambles. It's incredibly disappointing that the election of one of the most powerful men in the world is highlighting the ignorance of a large group of Americans. When one of the most listened-to political authorities in your country is Rush Limbaugh, who alleges things like Obama administration tampering on Hurricane Isaac's path to cancel the GOP convention, it's just embarrassing.

Rant aside, expected numbers. Carry on.

Edited by nAlkaline
  • Like 1

Hopefully this story is amusing regardless of politics: On Saturday, a crazy old woman ran up to me in the grocery store parking lot and begged me to see 2016 Obama's America. She said the movie would change my life. She spoke at the top of her lungs and looked like she was in sore need of a shower. I politely acknowledged her and began walking back to my car. She yelled "Don't leave!" and began to follow me, but eventually gave up. Five minutes later, I drove out of the lot and saw her on the curb with a five foot sign advertising the movie in 192-pt font.