Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films -- 2013 THREAD TO START SOON! POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES ON PG. 50

Thanks so much for putting this together Sims. I'd like to extend an invitation to you to be on my committee for the next project. You did a fantastic putting this all together. If you accept, I'll get you the details next week sometime.Also, could you tell me if anyone else had films like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Tombstone in their top 100?Thanks

I had Tombstone #27 on my list!

I've really wanted to see Margaret but I can't find it anywhere. Did you see the directors cut? People I've talked to who love the original version and say the DC is a substantial improvement.

The DC is better but the original cut is still a masterpiece. The most effective movie of 2011.

The only problem with lists like this and the IMDB Top 250 as well, is that it is very weighted to modern films like Inception and Avengers which have not stood the test of time and probably should not be so high up.(Yes I love both of them too, but really?)

The only problem with lists like this and the IMDB Top 250 as well, is that it is very weighted to modern films like Inception and Avengers which have not stood the test of time and probably should not be so high up.(Yes I love both of them too, but really?)

Of course you are right, but this site's main demographics are people under the age of 25 so the choices are going to reflect that.

You could have submitted a Top 71 list and didn't...and that would have saved North by Northwest... :censored: :censored: :censored:

Now would be a bad time to say that it would've ended up as number 90 wouldn't it? ;) Edited by riczhang

1 really big problem is that star wars revenge of the sith is on here, some might disagree with me but when i first saw it I thought it was a decent film in theaters, now I can't stand it. I was just wondering could they make this movie look any worst? I wanna see a more dark star wars all around the visuals and the backgrounds just look fake to me in pretty much every scene. Also not sure if it was because there was to many main character stories they wanted to tell but everything seemed klumped together, unnautral, and rushed. the movie looks like a toy you just got out of a cereal box and breaks after you use it a couple times..Anyways since I sat here and trashed a highly rated film il talk about one I did like(Love) that I saw on this thread that some people havean't seen " City of God" Now if you havean't seen this please do, for your benefit! This is a great film my favourite foreign film and in my Top ten of all time, a movie I rank up next to classics like goodfellas, Don't get my wrong this film is nothing like goodfellas but is still in the same genre crime/gangs/mobsters and might just have done it one better, the develpoment is something out of like scarface, it really gives you that feel that theese are theese criminals, I can't really remeber anything I didn't like in this film, I guess I have to rewatch :P

ATTENTION:

THE TIME FOR THE 2013 EDITION OF BOXOFFICE.COM'S TOP 100 FILMS IS IMMINENT. KEEP AN EYE OUT OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS FOR A THREAD WITH UPDATED RULES AND DEADLINES. IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR RULE CHANGES, REPLY TO THIS POST OR PM ME. GET READY!!!!!!!

• Like 3

ATTENTION:

THE TIME FOR THE 2013 EDITION OF BOXOFFICE.COM'S TOP 100 FILMS IS IMMINENT. KEEP AN EYE OUT OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS FOR A THREAD WITH UPDATED RULES AND DEADLINES. IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR RULE CHANGES, REPLY TO THIS POST OR PM ME. GET READY!!!!!!!

I think you did a great job last year Sims!  The only suggestion I have is that everyone's list needs to be ranked.

Looking forward to this again for this year!

where's the formula? anyway, i like how box did it at KJ - kind of a logish ranking for the films, for example if we all give our top 100:

#1: 5 points

#2-#3: 4 points

#4-#10: 3 points

#11-#25: 2 points

#26-#100: 1 point

EDIT: i just saw how you ranked it...i think giving 100 to #1 and 1 to #100 is too much of a disparity. but that's all i would change - perhaps also require that the top 25 MUST be ranked.

Edited by lisa

That's an interesting suggestion, lisa. Do you have a link to the KJ thread? I'd like to see how it worked out for them.

Punishment: I definitely want to discourage people from submitting unranked lists. Scoring got a little confusing. I don't know yet if I want to ban it outright, though.