Lumos

The Pianist vs. Schindler's List

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which film do you prefer?

• Schindler's List
    • The Pianist

I found The Pianist to be a far more personal film that really emphasized how "luck" played the biggest role in surviving this period. Furthermore, its portrayal of events is much more accurate and emotional. Schindler's List relied too heavily on "imagery" to convey the horror of the holocaust and was a little too lengthy with its 186 min running time.

I can remember when this film came out I was adamantly against seeing it. I had my preconceived notions that it would be some other heroic Jewish Holocaust film where good triumphs over evil and in between we would see some brutal atrocities committed by the Germans to add some flavour.How wrong I was.This is one of the best films I have ever seen and what it did to me I cannot describe in words. But in a nutshell, it moved me, made me cry, made me feel like I was in the Polish ghetto in 1940, and ultimately made me kiss the sidewalks as I walked out of the theater and thanked God that I live in the free society that I do. Schindler's List is an incredible film, but The Pianist resonated with me just a bit more so my vote goes to The Pianist.