A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

Maybe if they stop making the TV show (I think there's a new season next year) and try push the sequel in home media to try bring back the novelty of the film. If felt the TV show made the film less special. 3 years could be good for it. 

Edited by Breakspear
  • Like 1

I called the 2017 delay last summer - I was skeptical about the 2016 release even when Finding Dory was still in 2015 and HTTYD2 was pegged to be a big hit.On the one hand, glad to be hearing SOMETHING about HTTYD3.On the other hand...it still feels like the other studios are still learning NOTHING from WB and Disney's unorthodox scheduling successes. TMNT2 being "promoted" from August to June, HTTYD3 staying in June...the "May-July above all" dogma is going to die hard.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Whatever Untitled Fox/DWA/Blue Sky on 16/6/17 was, I assume it's cancelled (if it ever existed).

I still believe that Fox intentionally staked out more placeholder dates than they had movies in the pipeline, in case they had to move something. They have pulled SIX of them off the schedule so far, and only three were replaced with new films (Boss Baby and the initial Croods 2/Puss 2 dates), followed by three more replaced by moving existing films to new dates. Edited by TServo2049