A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

As a fan of this franchise...I'll point out how each film did.

HTTYD1 grossed nearly $495M WW. The sequel, HTTYD2 made $621M WW. (I wished it could have gotten more).

Since people did love the last one....I just see another WW increase.

I'll say $810-920M WW. I think by the time we get to 2018, China's markets would be enormous. It's just how it works.

It could do better DOM if they just move this to January. They did it with KFP3...so I think January would be a much smarter choice for HTTYD3. It's better than going in the competitive summer, where legs won't have time to build.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 4

As a fan of this franchise...I'll point out how each film did.

HTTYD1 grossed nearly $495M WW. The sequel, HTTYD2 made nearly $619M WW. (I wished it could have gotten more).

Since people did love the last one....I just see another WW increase.

I'll say $810-920M WW. I think by the time we get to 2018, China's markets would be enormous. It's just how it works.

It could do better DOM if they just move this to January. They did it with KFP3...so I think January would be a much smarter choice for HTTYD3. It's better than going in the competitive summer, where legs won't have time to build.

This will already be big in China, it will be in its incredible potential since its 2018 and China is growing and growing.

• Like 1

The last major DC movies to release were MoS (2013) and TDKR (2012). Since then there has just been Red 2 (2013) that's it. It's been a long wait. Can't see this below 375m, just 85m more than MoS after 3 long years (that too without anything DC) + Batman + Wonder Woman.

EDIT: LOL...wrong thread.

Edited by a2k

1 minute ago, Noodlebug said:

What's with the long delays between these films? The three years between each Shrek was pushing it, but four ways is way too long for audiences to wait.

Yeah, Toy Story 3 bombed so hard with an 11-year delay.