Noctis

The Matrix VS Inception

Matrix VS Inception  

58 members have voted

1. 1. The Matrix VS Inception

• The Matrix
    • Inception

Actually, it does. I don't even think there is any debate that visual effects wise that the Matrix is one of the best of all time. And characters? Really, you think Inception has better character development? You think that's air your breathing?

Yes, TM surprises me but Inception touchs me. there is the difference.

Yes, TM surprises me but Inception touchs me. there is the difference.

Fair enough. Different opinions are fine. I feel the same but with the Matrix being the one that inspires. It's about freeing your mind and if anyone here knows my obsession with conspiracies, they will understand part of my love for this film.

They absolutely did, and they became so tired. I loved the first act of Matrix, but then it just loses nearly all momentum. Matrix definitely had great visual style, though.Cobb's journey is infinitely more intimate than Keanu's character.

They absolutely did, and they became so tired. I loved the first act of Matrix, but then it just loses nearly all momentum.

Matrix definitely had great visual style, though.

Cobb's journey is infinitely more intimate than Keanu's character.

I couldn't disagree more. 13 years later, I still remember my jaw dropping in the theater when Neo wakes up from the Matrix for the first time and sees billions of other people around him plugged into the Matrix and how he struggles to handle that reality from there on. It worked so well because it was also the first time the audience saw the real world and what The Matrix was. "You have to see it for yourself" Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

The Matrix is imo, one of the most symbolic films of all time. It's disguised by frenetic action, dazzling special effects, beautifully choreographed fight scenes, a brilliant script and much much more. So even if you don't understand or even get what the Matrix is all about, the shiny red bow wrapped around the dazzling shiny green box under the Christmas tree means you can love it anyway.

• Like 2

Not these parts.

Inception had empty characters , like most of Nolan films. It's his style that characters were created JUST to move the plot farward. Matrix had great characters as it took enough time to introduce and develop them.Emotion in Inception fell apart because like I said, the film never took enough time to introduce the character (it spent a whole-ass lot of time just to literally TELL you how this dream world worked LOL). A tragic story doesnt necessarily offer emotion. Emotion comes with real characters that you can feel and care. What Inception did was slamming the tragic story into your head, and telling you that it was emotional, but as a result it just felt fake and rushed.And dont even start this visual effects talk. Matrix destories Inception in that department IMO. Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2