CJohn

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter | 1/27/17 | Trailer on Page 10

On 1/28/2017 at 10:52 PM, The Futurist said:

I like this franchise but I am sorry, always thought the Real Paul Anderson was great with action but this was a mess visually.

I couldn't tell what the fuck was happenning 90% of the time.

cut, cut ,cut cut cut, that s all I saw.

Most set pieces from The real Paul Anderson were always great so I was bummed.

:(

Exactly what I thought. What the fuck was going in half the scenes?!

On 1/27/2017 at 4:20 PM, The Stingray said:

This effing franchise only appeals to morons, meatheads, half wits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells..

This type reaction and exact same by @shayhiri for Underworld crack me up.

You'd think the film saga itself came and drove over their dog then knocked over the mailbox.

HaHaHa!!!

Why? These posters act like someone can't enjoy Hidden Figures, LLL and then just want to watch something different. Does that person then become a moron for wanting to sample some diversity in their cinema? Does engaging in the multigenre experience not enhance ones overall scope of cinema? Must one be in a perpetual echo chamber of Oscar winners only? 

HaHaHa!!

• Like 2

So, I've watched it tonight and it's pretty fun, just as I expected. I liked the small story-driven twist at the end, even if retcons were abound, but that's expected from this franchise.

It was probably the most fun one after the first, it was a nice good-bye for Alice.

I did a marathon last week.  Saw it today.  I love this franchise.  I am so happy it got a proper conclusion.  This will be a part of horror franchise history!  The editing was a bit too much, I agree.  I am not sure I really like any of the movies individually, but just the experience of them as a whole has major repeat value for me and brings me back to the time when I was growing up and plowing through all the major horror frachises.  Saw was never able to do this (yet?).  IDK wtf happened with Paranormal Activity, and Underworld is one movie short of completeness...

Ranking the movies

Resident Evil 4 - Afterlife

Resident Evil 1

Resident Evil 6 - The Final Chapter

Resident Evil 5  Retribution

Resident Evil 3 - Extinction

Resident Evil 2 - Apocalypse

• Like 1

On 31/1/2017 at 8:10 AM, Matrix4You said:

Ranking the movies

Resident Evil 4 - Afterlife

Resident Evil 1

Resident Evil 6 - The Final Chapter

Resident Evil 5  Retribution

Resident Evil 3 - Extinction

Resident Evil 2 - Apocalypse

Yeah, Afterlife and the first one are my favourites too. Afterlife is actually a good popcorn entertainment and it retconned the right things from Extinction. And the first one is just a nice horror film.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I put up a mini review but I have to say this was the best Resident Evil Sequel. 

I agree. My friends enjoyed it but had some problems with it  so they believe the 1st and the 3rd are still the best ones.

My own ranking would be

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Guys, this franchise stinks like a whorehouse at low tide. It is on some Steven Seagal, made in Romania, direct-to-dvd shit.

I suggest you buy a ticket for the Train to Busan instead. You can thank me later.

Already watched it in cinemas, and it didn't surprise me, it is basically a World War Z rip-off, it even has some identical scenes, at least RE has some identity.

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael