Ezen Baklattan

Early Weekends #s - The Hollywood Report-Wknd guesses pg 4-HT Sep record?

How is that number for Perks?

Pretty solid since it'll crack $1 million in only 100 theaters.Pitch Perfect's PTA is pretty insane for that level of theater count. Usually openers at that stage make half that amount max. Edited by 4815162342

• Founder / Operator

Frankenweenie was always going to be a tough sell, but it should have more teen/adult appeal than Hotel. Still, I'd be really happy with anything over 15m. Disney isn't even estimating it over 3k theaters.

Agreed. Think Disney's been making a mistake pitching it mainly to kiddies with hardly any push (that I've seen) toward teens and adults. It had/has potential to do well enough, but I'm getting the feeling that they're banking on Burton's fans just showing up by default and letting the film grow some legs through October. If this ends up a critical hit but can't out-perform ParaNorman at least, that's a bit of a problem.

• Founder / Operator

If Hotel does Cloudy's opening weekend percentages it will open around 41M and if it gets the multiplier it will finish with 166M-167M

Utterly insane. Really curious to see how this affects Ralph and Guardians in Nov.

TAKEN 2 reviews are terrible. I don't think it will be #1 next weekend now.

It won't matter. Reviews won't matter this time, just like they didn't matter with Hangover 2.Taken 2 will be 1st place, it is locked. It just won't beat any records, that is also locked. But that was never supposed to happen in the 1st place.
  • Like 2

It won't matter. Reviews won't matter this time, just like they didn't matter with Hangover 2.Taken 2 will be 1st place, it is locked. It just won't beat any records, that is also locked. But that was never supposed to happen in the 1st place.

:(

TAKEN 2 reviews are terrible. I don't think it will be #1 next weekend now.

It only has 9 reviews so I'm not too concerned yet. Besides it should open north of 20M. The only question is if it'll be #1 considering HT's performance because a decent drop puts it in contention.

It'll make at least 30 on it's OW pry 40.

Heh I think 30 is doable. 40 is pushing it unless WOM gets really good.

Looper is having a hell of an increase at my theater today! Almost past yesterday's totals with the shows left.

So big jump today? Maybe 9+.