Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

This is all I could find. Tapley is seeing it tomorrow though.

I saw "American Hustle" today and thought Adams and Lawrence were both on fire. Adams in particular, gives what I think is her best performance to date, with at least two monologues that are as strong as her porch scene in "The Fighter". But even though It's a lead role with a lots showy moments I still doubt she get nominated. Lawrence on the other hand, has much less of an arc due to screentimes, but gets to showboating like Melissa Leo with even more sass. She was the one everyone keeps talking about after the screening.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I have a lot of anticipation for this personally, but I keep getting the feeling that the lack of an emotional core (based on marketing) will ultimately make a challenge for it to out-gross The Fighter domestically.

I have a lot of anticipation for this personally, but I keep getting the feeling that the lack of an emotional core (based on marketing) will ultimately make a challenge for it to out-gross The Fighter domestically.

I don't know. O'Russel is starting to become slightly well-known. Although, I have met lots of people who don't know who he is, and I do live in Southern California. But, anyway, I expect a BP/BD nom and seeing how this will be O'Russel's third BP/BD nominated film in a row, I think it could do well.

This is all I could find. Tapley is seeing it tomorrow though.

I saw "American Hustle" today and thought Adams and Lawrence were both on fire. Adams in particular, gives what I think is her best performance to date, with at least two monologues that are as strong as her porch scene in "The Fighter". But even though It's a lead role with a lots showy moments I still doubt she get nominated. Lawrence on the other hand, has much less of an arc due to screentimes, but gets to showboating like Melissa Leo with even more sass. She was the one everyone keeps talking about after the screening.

Yeah, Adams is not gonna happen for this movie. It is either Lawrence or nothing in the acting category.

• Like 1

Both of his predictions will be correct so you were wrong about either one. Best Actor and Actress are packed (and Bale is apparently pushing harder for Furnace) and if Cooper gets in it'll be by the skin of his teeth. J-Law is their best shot and they're not going to throw Adams in the Supporting mix to sabotage that.

lawrence or nothing. nehh.  Adams is so getting in (and she very well could go supporting, you don't know).  Bale has a great shot too, this role is much louder and that is what the academy generally prefers compared to his more quiet Furnace performance.  With Lawrence, i have a feeling we have seen most of her part already.  She's comic relief and has no depth or layers to her performance it seems. And not a very big role. 

oh and Bale apparently pushing harder for Furnace?!?!? ummm that movie screened at afi fest and a bunch of promotion has been done for it already.  That's like saying Lawrence is pushing for hunger games because she's been doing press about it. LOL   and don't bring up the tapley fool. 

Putting Adams in supporting won't sabotage JLaw. Remember Leo and Adams both got nominated for the Fighter.

I hear that in the FYC magazine that has been sent to all SAG members, American Hustle's FYC ad is only for Best Ensemble. That suggests to me they're still sorting out categorty placement, most probably for Adams. I wouldn't be surprised if they stick in her Supporting, since the Lead Actress category is so competitive she has pretty much no chance of getting in there.

Putting Adams in supporting won't sabotage JLaw. Remember Leo and Adams both got nominated for the Fighter.

I hear that in the FYC magazine that has been sent to all SAG members, American Hustle's FYC ad is only for Best Ensemble. That suggests to me they're still sorting out categorty placement, most probably for Adams. I wouldn't be surprised if they stick in her Supporting, since the Lead Actress category is so competitive she has pretty much no chance of getting in there.

exactly, and the fact she has been nominated 4 times in supporting and lost, she would probably be the favorite to win. 

They played the first trailer in front of Catching Fire. Sony taking advantage of the THG YA audience which is smart. But the competition is fierce with Anchorman and Wolf of Wall Street. 

American Hustle is going to ride off the good word of mouth of Silver Linings Playbook for the casual audience, with returning cast members, the movie mentioned in the trailer, it should help it out.

• Like 1

@eug is head of NYFF btw.

@eug: OK, I'm (even more) curious: A friend on FB saw AMERICAN HUSTLE & posted, "I have only one word - MASTERPIECE!!" Also called it 'amazing'.

@eug: My friend said JLaw gave the best female supporting performance of all time 

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 1