Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Marvel was $4B 13 years ago - just by time value of money, that price would be double.

And Disney didn't get all of it - they didn't get MOST of the flagship characters (Spidey, Xmen, FF, the villains for each, etc) - all they got was the Avengers and the pips...

And then Disney showed what it could be worth...and that's raised the price exponentially...

So, if you get ALL of DC's flagship at current 2022 prices, you're talking at least $30B, not $5-7B, as a starting figure...

For $30B you may as well go buy Paramount (which is roughly double it's market cap of ~$16B) you would be getting way more bang for your buck all of Nickelodeon (Spongebob merchandise alone is huge), Star Trek, Mission Impossible, Top Gun ... the list goes on. 

Also would be super ballsy of WBD to try sell DC for $30B when that is 3/4 of the market cap of their entire company right now. 

Edited by Potiki

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Marvel was $4B 13 years ago - just by time value of money, that price would be double.

And Disney didn't get all of it - they didn't get MOST of the flagship characters (Spidey, Xmen, FF, the villains for each, etc) - all they got was the Avengers and the pips...

And then Disney showed what it could be worth...and that's raised the price exponentially...

So, if you get ALL of DC's flagship at current 2022 prices, you're talking at least $30B, not $5-7B, as a starting figure...

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

To quibble, they did get all of the rights to All the Marvel charecters...it was just the film rights to Spidey, the X men, and the FF were under lease to other studios. Technically Fox and Sony did not own the rights, only leased them.

5 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

So safe to say movies that have been greenlit by WB and are in development are still good to go like Dune 2, Batman 2, and Mortal Kombat 2.

If the films made money, yes.

If the films did not make money, or barely broke even, that is another story.

Wartners has to stop spending money the way they have been. That is what got them into this situation to begin with.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Could still show up on Discovery streaming or HBO though. 

Hogwarts Love Houses... The brand new reality show competition coming to Discovery+ this winter. 

32 contestants, sorted into four houses, competing... For each other's affections. 

Will brawny Nick be Slytherin through Joe's back Gryffindoor, or will Samantha be Hufflepuffing her way through all the guys in Ravenclaw? 

Make an Unbreakable Vow with us and tune in this winter. Only on DiscoveringTheMaxWarnerHerzogBrosC++

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think you lot need to calm down. The idea that all scripted content at WBD will be scrapped is downright insane.  

None of the upcoming theatrical releases at the moment have been scrapped and anyone who's tries to say that is either trolling or need to take a time out. 

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think you lot need to calm down. The idea that all scripted content at WBD will be scrapped is downright insane.  

None of the upcoming theatrical releases at the moment have been scrapped and anyone who's tries to say that is either trolling or need to take a time out. 

A few days ago, no one would have guessed that WBD would cancel films that had already been made, but look where we are now…

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think this is a case of Chinese whispers. 

The notion seems to be that they're scrapping new and a significant portion of existing scripted from HBO Max. Some of that content will move to HBO (cable channel) and other stuff will get completely canned. Obviously they won't cut scripted altogether - Zaslav is on the record as pushing for theatrical for the big tentpoles, but the question remains as to what will survive the culling, and in what form - what will WB's slate look like over the next 2-3 years (theatrical, streaming and HBO proper). 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

And I suspect we will see this panic grow, since, with a recission almost a certainty, other studios will have to take severe cost cutting measures.

The idea that a film that cost as much as "THe Flash" will bet scrubbed is just ridiculous.

Granted, thanks to the Miller antica, I would hate like hell to be in charge of marketing the film, but The Flash is so costly, and from all I have heard will have such a huge impact on the DCU as a whole, Warners has no choice but to roll the dice and hope for the best.

1 minute ago, Noiret Jak said:

They must start a film or series on the final fight between Dumbledore and Grindelwald, the Fantastic Beasts series is surely closed but not this story. I think Rowling has cleared things up.. now to be seen.

That shit’s like a guaranteed bomb tho

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Noiret Jak said:

They must start a film or series on the final fight between Dumbledore and Grindelwald, the Fantastic Beasts series is surely closed but not this story. I think Rowling has cleared things up.. now to be seen.

They don't have to do a damn thing.

They are going to do what they think will bring in money..and the FB franchise disspaointed in that regard.

I think we will see the Wizarding World in some form, but I would not be surpried if  we have seen the last of the FB storyline.

Just now, cax16 said:

I don’t see how you think you’re gonna build out your IP’s by canceling stuff but that’s just me. I guess the property brothers are gonna be renovating Wayne Manor soon. Biggest crossover ever!!

When a compnay is in trouble, things get cancelled. Sad, but true.

8 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Scripted content that's intended for HBO Max is dead I believe. So yeah, that means most of these franchise spinoffs/genre shows that don't fit into HBO's prestige television brand will be canned. 

I can't imagine they'll scrap all scripted content on HBO Max. A co-production or something that's been acquired will probably end up on the service.