Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I know Gunn said a few days ago that peacemaker and all the other shows he’s working on are part of the dceu or whatever they’re gonna call it. And I don’t think they’re gonna touch anything with Reeves stuff after the Batman tbh.

I assume the biggest changes out of all of this is we’re gonna get a new Batman for the dc universe, it won’t be Keaton. And we’ll definitely have a Superman wether it’s cavill or whatever is still unknown.

I’m actually not totally against using the rock (black adam) as a big bad if it’s true, Black adam is a powerful and menacing character, but it’s all gonna depend on the stories they’re  gonna tell. Also, I think the rock can help sell the movies cause of this popularity but again, if the movies aren’t good, none of that will matter. 

I'll be honest - if they actually have him turn full villain by th end, I will be very impressed and far more interested in what's next than if they resort to a simple antihero turning proper hero arc. Especially as it would be unexpected for The Rock to play the baddie. Yet I think he could thrive in that role. It would be great to have a proper charismatic actor as the villain. 

But I just don't see it... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cap said:

Someone should tell them that Captain America is already on screen. May 3, 2024

2B463368-8687-4861-8484-3C3A92A5C9C7.jpeg

to quote Dr Strangelove:

image.gif

Obviously taking it all with a grain of salt (for example I think it's unlikely Marvel waits u til 2030 for the X Men, thereby the ten year window sounds very optimistic) but IF it were true insight, I'm guessing the reasoning is that it's not the... Err, you know, TRUE, white, blond, blue-eyed Captain America. 😑

The fact that it's not a totally unbelievable thought process is a bit disconcerting. 

10 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I'll be honest - if they actually have him turn full villain by th end, I will be very impressed and far more interested in what's next than if they resort to a simple antihero turning proper hero arc. Especially as it would be unexpected for The Rock to play the baddie. Yet I think he could thrive in that role. It would be great to have a proper charismatic actor as the villain. 

But I just don't see it... 

It doesn't make sense for Black Adam to be full on villain, he probably won't turn full hero but I would imagine he'll essentially be a thorn in the side of the actual heroes but team up with them against a bigger bad.

I'm more interested in the JSA since they're essentially the first superhero team and I wonder if they've essentially been in hiding but the emergence of BA has forced them out of the shadows? 

Edited by Jonwo

10 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I know Gunn said a few days ago that peacemaker and all the other shows he’s working on are part of the dceu or whatever they’re gonna call it. And I don’t think they’re gonna touch anything with Reeves stuff after the Batman tbh.

I assume the biggest changes out of all of this is we’re gonna get a new Batman for the dc universe, it won’t be Keaton. And we’ll definitely have a Superman wether it’s cavill or whatever is still unknown.

I’m actually not totally against using the rock (black adam) as a big bad if it’s true, Black adam is a powerful and menacing character, but it’s all gonna depend on the stories they’re  gonna tell. Also, I think the rock can help sell the movies cause of this popularity but again, if the movies aren’t good, none of that will matter. 

Yeah fair enough, in the end it comes down to if people like the actors involved and how they are portraying the characters they love. Even with the MCU it started fairly muted (aside from Iron Man) until the Avengers so my main problem would be Zaslav being to reactionary if the numbers are slightly disappointing to begin. 

It is why I think the idea of chasing the MCU is bad, because they are likely meaning being like the current MCU within a couple of years and expect to match that kind of money. If they use the full 10 years to set everything up and don't worry about money too much in the short term they could help revitalise the DC brand and make new iconic interpretations of a bunch of DC characters which would put them in a great place long term. 

I worry Zaslav doesn't have either the patience nor the will to possibly make less money/take greater risks to pull off a DC equivalent to the MCU. 

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Obviously taking it all with a grain of salt (for example I think it's unlikely Marvel waits u til 2030 for the X Men, thereby the ten year window sounds very optimistic) but IF it were true insight, I'm guessing the reasoning is that it's not the... Err, you know, TRUE, white, blond, blue-eyed Captain America. 😑

The fact that it's not a totally unbelievable thought process is a bit disconcerting. 

Considering the reports about Zaslav I believe it!!!!! 😡😡😡😡

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, cax16 said:

the-rock1-2000.jpgnot sure what you’re talking about. Just look at my guy!

My man is gonna pose a huge threat as a super interesting multi-faceted antagonist for our heroes to punch. Steppenwolf could never.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

It doesn't make sense for Black Adam to be full on villain, he probably won't turn full hero but I would imagine he'll essentially be a thorn in the side of the actual heroes but team up with them against a bigger bad.

I'm more interested in the JSA since they're essentially the first superhero team and I wonder if they've essentially been in hiding but the emergence of BA has forced them out of the shadows? 

Ya, I don't see it - which is why I would actually be very impressed if they did it. It would be totally unexpected given The Rock's profile. Obviously it is ould require a good execution, to avoid it coming across as forced.

All that to say... It ain't happening lol. 

One last thing I guess I’ll say; I don’t think there’s much of a point in trying to build a unified DC cinematic universe if you’re going to still have Batman and Joker spin-offs set in alternate universes running at the same time. That just causes confusion. 

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

One last thing I guess I’ll say; I don’t think there’s much of a point in trying to build a unified DC cinematic universe if you’re going to still have Batman and Joker spin-offs set in alternate universes running at the same time. That just causes confusion. 

TBF that's something that DC uses to their advantage even in comics which don't really see with Marvel. Most of DC's critically acclaimed work has been alternate one shot takes on their characters like The Dark Knight Returns as well as original concepts like Watchmen.

The MCU is great but they can't really play around with their characters and do different spins which are more grounded in reality like Joker or The Batman.

29 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The issue is that Black Adam is more anti-hero than villain, he can't really be a Thanos type character. 

In the original Captain Marvel/Shazam comics he was an out and out villian, but that has changed.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

TBF that's something that DC uses to their advantage even in comics which don't really see with Marvel. Most of DC's critically acclaimed work has been alternate one shot takes on their characters like The Dark Knight Returns as well as original concepts like Watchmen.

The MCU is great but they can't really play around with their characters and do different spins which are more grounded in reality like Joker or The Batman.

They have charecters that are suited for that...Daredevil comes to mind...but  they have chosen not to go that route.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The HBO Discovery service getting live sports totally makes sense given the recent rights deal and Joint ventures that has happened. 

Keep in mind they own Eurosport so even from the point of view of 2024 international rollout for the redesigned consolidated service, it makes sense to have this option. 

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

Keep in mind they own Eurosport so even from the point of view of 2024 international rollout for the redesigned consolidated service, it makes sense to have this option. 

The joint venture with BT Sport means that they could offer live football in the UK on Discovery+, that could drive subscribers.