Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

16 minutes ago, RRA said:

Despite his success with his “FlashArrowVerse” (or BerlantiVerse) in creating a live action DC comics shared universe on TV with team-up events, DC Cinematic reddit is pretty negative about this possibility. 

He could make it work, but WB would find a way to break his legs before the marathon starts.

That place is a hell hole, who cares what any of them say.  Not that I expect Berlanti to take the job either way but he’s proven to be a good producer over the years. 

On 8/12/2022 at 4:17 PM, cax16 said:

That place is a hell hole, who cares what any of them say.  Not that I expect Berlanti to take the job either way but he’s proven to be a good producer over the years. 

You can say that about every reddit site I have ever seen.

10 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

If over for you before it even began if you just downgrade to CW showrunners.

Them making 3 goods shows out of 10-12 is not exactly a great track record even by current DCEU standards

Which is why it's so funny that Zaslav seems so concerned that BATGIRL would ruin DC's "rep" for its heroes...as if they haven't been in enough trouble in the last few years on the big screen?  ...And as if THE CW-produced stuff hasn't also affected "rep"?  It's funny.  But it's just his way of asserting his new regime and "going a different way."

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

If over for you before it even began if you just downgrade to CW showrunners.

Them making 3 goods shows out of 10-12 is not exactly a great track record even by current DCEU standards

Hate them all you want but they all found their own audience. 

I watched Arrow till S5, Flash till S4, Batwoman till S2, Black Lightning till the finale, and I watched Legends of Tomorrow until cancellation. That was a very enjoyable show.

If the CW guy is gonna run the DCEU we saw how successful he made the CW DC shows off of absolutely zero budget, lets see what he can do with an actual legit budget at his disposal.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

If the CW guy is gonna run the DCEU we saw how successful he made the CW DC shows off of absolutely zero budget, lets see what he can do with an actual legit budget at his disposal.

Green Lantern

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Green Lantern

Blaming him for GL is like blaming Goyer for MOS/BVS. I mean yeah he was a writer on it, but was either calling the creative shots that made it in the final cut.

At least with those tv shows for better or worse, he’s the executive producer. Blame (or credit?) away!

49 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Doubt Uni would spend that kind of cash on a single picture deal 

True especially considering that Sony's deal with EON was two films initially as well. 

I don't think Sony and Universal made as much money from Bond compared to MGM and EON but I guess they're a prestige factor and I would imagine that WB want a piece of that.

This Discovery merger with WB is going to be a disaster. The Discovery shares are down 43% since the merger took place.

This is what happens when a multi-millionaire in his sixties decides he wants to join the Hollywood boys club at the expense of the shareholders.

Edited by Serpico Jones
  • Like 2

Zaslav has not done anything surprising. 

The brand equity of DC is greatly undermined with subpar, low quality projects. They should be projecting an aura of status and that requires theatrical. Further, his responsibility is to shareholders, and that means making things with mass appeal. 

Also, they would be utter fools to do anything other than release the Flash as planned. 

The Flash movie is much more expensive than the Batgirl movie, and I’m pretty sure they can’t get a tax write off if they cancel it, so I doubt Zaslav is going to do it, unless Ezra Miller goes on a mass killing spree. The movie has also supposedly been testing much better than Batgirl, so there’s that. 

The big awkward thing about this situation will be having to promote the movie without their lead actor. They’re just going to have to find a different angle to promote it, which will probably be Affleck and Keaton. 

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

The Flash movie is much more expensive than the Batgirl movie, and I’m pretty sure they can’t get a tax write off if they cancel it, so I doubt Zaslav is going to do it, unless Ezra Miller goes on a mass killing spree. The movie has also supposedly been testing much better than Batgirl, so there’s that. 

The big awkward thing about this situation will be having to promote the movie without their lead actor. They’re just going to have to find a different angle to promote it, which will probably be Affleck and Keaton. 

I dont think anybody gives a shit if the lead actor promotes it tbh

• Like 1