Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 minute ago, Eric Dielman said:

I'm sorry. Just trying to vent my frustrations. I just want to see Superman fly in a movie again (Super Pets was nice, but no cigar), and I'm so annoyed that we have to wait again.

I know lol , that’s my biggest worry from

all of this but I have faith that Gunn knows how important Superman is. Reboot or whatever, just give me a Superman movie 

1 minute ago, JWR said:

I'd like to point out that 70-80% of the fallout can be traced back to Batman v Superman.  Or at least the decision to have Zack Snyder shepherd the DC Universe at the beginning. 

I would’ve thought we were past that. Wonder Woman and Aquaman still managed to have successful movies in spite of that. 

1 minute ago, JWR said:

I'd like to point out that 70-80% of the fallout can be traced back to Batman v Superman.  Or at least the decision to have Zack Snyder shepherd the DC Universe at the beginning. 

The Snyderverse needs to be nuked from orbit, its the only way to be sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

How I imagine DCU fans are reacting to the news headline I just saw.

chris-farley.gif

A lot of dc fans wanted a hard reboot so you’d be surprised at how many people will

be happy with that. That’s not the path I would necessarily want but I understand if they go that route. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I would’ve thought we were past that. Wonder Woman and Aquaman still managed to have successful movies in spite of that. 

Those were successful, yes. But... look at how the studio panicked and tried to over correct. Look at how Justice League turned out a mess and ended up paying for sins of BvS. Look at how Cavill as Superman is up in the air after audiences all but rejected Snyder's take on the characters and universe, etc.

Just now, JWR said:

Those were successful, yes. But... look at how the studio panicked and tried to over correct. Look at how Justice League turned out a mess and ended up paying for sins of BvS. Look at how Cavill as Superman is up in the air after audiences all but rejected Snyder's take on the characters and universe, etc.

JL was from a completely different regime. People moved past that, didn’t they? 

The fallout is cause DC puts out too much mediocrity, when they make good movies (aquaman, ww, shazam, batman, joker) they do well but then they turn around and put out stuff like WW84, BA, BoP in between or after which nobody cares about. They need someone like feige who can create one coherent vision and has the ability to bring in competent staff consistently, maybe gunn can do that, we shall see

10 minutes ago, clockwork said:

I hope we can still get more live-action Wonder Women content in the near future. I always hate when things end on a bad note and I know WW1984 was a disappointment for a lot of people but I still think there is potential for that character. 

Wonder Woman VS Donna Troy would be cute.

They could get Emily Carey from HOTD for Donna and play up that casting coincidence in the advertising. 

• Like 1

Article also says they are considering making JL2 before Gunn/Safran took over

“ And at that time, he was not incorrect. Warner Bros. was indeed developing a sequel for 2013’s Man of Steel and actively meeting with writers. Andy Muschietti, who directed Flash, even expressed interest in sitting behind the camera for something that would have brought a tone similar to the hopeful and heroic colors of the 1978 movie directed by Richard Donner, considered a benchmark in comic book movies. In fact, the current leadership team at Warner Bros Pictures — Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy — did desire one more go-around of the Snyderverse heroes, possibly even having another Justice League movie with those actors. But that was before Gunn and Safran began formulating their new (and still in flux) plan.”

wonder if it was those two who brought Cavill back