Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 minute ago, The Dark Alfred said:

So let's give the helm to a guy who already proven to make awful decisions and just produced an epic bomb lol DC is a joke atm

No, you’re giving the helm to a guy who understands not only how the movie business works and how big blockbusters are made but someone who’s a lifelong comic book fan who understands the genre probably better than anyone else they could get. 

Not sure what awful decisions he makes, everything he’s touched in the comic book world has been received pretty well critically. Sure the Suicide squad lost money but there’s a ton more factors that go into that then just blaming any decision he’s made for that. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

The wait until next week when James Gunn and Peter Safran’s plans are (presumably) going to be revealed will be unbearable. 

They might be presented to Zaslav next week, but I highly doubt they'll actually reveal them to the public until Aquaman 2, the last of the Hamada era, is done in theaters. Announcing the inevitable reboot prematurely will kill that movie more than Avatar 2 will.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

They might be presented to Zaslav next week, but I highly doubt they'll actually reveal them to the public until Aquaman 2, the last of the Hamada era, is done in theaters. Announcing the inevitable reboot prematurely will kill that movie more than Avatar 2 will.

Isn’t it a little premature to treat a reboot as a foregone conclusion?

Edited by WittyUsername

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

You're high if you think WB is going to go an entire YEAR without announcing anything. lmao. They're going to have to start putting films into production in 2023.

There's 0% chance they are doing a complete reboot. Not a chance. Quote me on this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

You're high if you think WB is going to go an entire YEAR without announcing anything. lmao. They're going to have to start putting films into production in 2023.

There's 0% chance they are doing a complete reboot. Not a chance. Quote me on this.

It really does seem to defy all logic that they would just do a full reboot. A soft reboot is one thing, but starting over from scratch with completely different actors? That comes off like wishful thinking from people who just want to erase all traces of the Snyderverse. 

Edited by WittyUsername

5 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

So let's give the helm to a guy who already proven to make awful decisions and just produced an epic bomb lol DC is a joke atm

Its quite weird how people use The Suicide Squad's box office as some sort of sick burn against James Gunn when not only was that a hybrid release, people were much more skittish about going to the theater a year ago.

I personally don't care for the guy(I found Peacemaker to be irritating as fuck) but the man's track record in the CBM world is about as good as it gets critically.

• Like 3

I do think people are overhyping Gunn as a producer before he's don't anything, nolan exec produced MoS iirc and this came after his super beloved trilogy, cameron exec produced dark fate after directing 2 incredible terminator films, I dont think being a great director automatically means being great at overseeing another movie

3 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

I do think people are overhyping Gunn as a producer before he's don't anything, nolan exec produced MoS iirc and this came after his super beloved trilogy, cameron exec produced dark fate after directing 2 incredible terminator films, I dont think being a great director automatically means being great at overseeing another movie

I think there's a huge difference between what a typical "producer" does, and what Feige does. And what Gunn is now tasked to do.

To my knowledge, Feige is extremely involved with each movie's story, and the direction of the universe. I'd imagine most producers are very hands off once they make crew hires.

Just now, ChipDerby said:

I think there's a huge difference between what a typical "producer" does, and what Feige does. And what Gunn is now tasked to do.

To my knowledge, Feige is extremely involved with each movie's story, and the direction of the universe. I'd imagine most producers are very hands off once they make crew hires.

I'm not saying he can't be great but seems like many already treat him like he's great at the feige role before he's actually done anything 

My best guess is before the end of the year Gunn will announce SOMETHING. Obviously we're not going to get the entire plan because Marvel barely does that (and even that changes).

But Gunn isn't the type to sit on his hands and let journalists scoop everything without the facts.

Will we have to wait until Comic-Con 2023 for a "timeline"? Very probable. But I imagine at least 2-3 films will need to be announced/dated before then. Because technically only Joker is on the books after 2023.