Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Yes that's why I said I'm pretty confident that movie will be good/great. But TSS despite glowing reviews didn't gross much (I can understand due to covid and same day streaming affected it) . I really liked new TSS and also peacemaker so I'm looking forward to any new Gunn project tbh. 

The pandemic was still roaring and having to follow one of the worst superhero films of all time was too much, even for Gunn. The Suicide Squad is amazing but even if it was a masterpiece it was just a sequence of things going against it. A new take on Superman is a different kind of deal. And while it might be controversial, I’d rather see Reeves playing ball and allowing his Batman in this universe that Gunn is shaping. Having Reeves make yet another "Dark Knight trilogy" seems boring to me. I love The Batman, but nothing in that film requires Batman to exist ‘alone’ in that universe. In fact, give me Catwoman in the Suicide Squad sequel. I like her more than Battinson.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

The pandemic was still roaring and having to follow one of the worst superhero films of all time was too much, even for Gunn. The Suicide Squad is amazing but even if it was a masterpiece it was just a sequence of things going against it. A new take on Superman is a different kind of deal. And while it might be controversial, I’d rather see Reeves playing ball and allowing his Batman in this universe that Gunn is shaping. Having Reeves make yet another "Dark Knight trilogy" seems boring to me. I love The Batman, but nothing in that film requires Batman to exist ‘alone’ in that universe. In fact, give me Catwoman in the Suicide Squad sequel. I like her more than Battinson.

One other thing is they are having different Matt Reeves Batman universe, Todd Philips Joker universe and now Gunn's dcu. So if gun has new Batman will people even like that? Since Pattinson is going great guns. Same with joker. Reeves will have different jokers than Philips one. it's too much clusterfuck

17 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

If Gunn isn't careful he will risk dividing the Superman brand even more. 

I'm already not invested coz WB has clearly shown they are incompetent at producing Superman films and there's high possibility they won't have the guts to invest in the reboot 4yrs down the line if the box-office is few millions shy.

Warner Bros doesn't take any risks outside Batman tbh. Even if Batman were to flop they will invest in it after few years but they don't give other superheroes that same treatment. That's why dc doesn't have concrete universe. It's always chopping and changing 

41 minutes ago, Nero said:

One other thing is they are having different Matt Reeves Batman universe, Todd Philips Joker universe and now Gunn's dcu. So if gun has new Batman will people even like that? Since Pattinson is going great guns. Same with joker. Reeves will have different jokers than Philips one. it's too much clusterfuck

I think honestly it’s for the best that Reeves falls in line and allow his Batman into the larger DC Universe or just go away. And I say this as a major The Batman fan. I think The Batman is on par with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, my favorite Batman films. But at end of the day, if Reeves want to play in the sandbox alone, his take will always stay on Nolan’s shadow, even if he somehow surpassed it. In the other hand if he plays ball, it can keep the worldbuilding going even further. We don’t need another The Dark Knight trilogy, what would be actually interesting is good world building of Gotham and the DC Universe at large. 

Also if Gunn and Safran hang around here, give us a Catwoman film. Also bring her to the Squad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

KC Walsh also backs up the claim that Gal Gadot is still in the Flash movie, but it looks like Henry Cavill really has been removed. 

Such a mess!

WBD should've talked about the reboot AFTER Aquaman, now all the upcoming movies seems pointless.

It makes perfect sense to not keep Cavill scene considering the tease will go nowhere. May be they will release that in Blu Ray extra in the future after new supes movie is out. 

At this point Gunn/Safran is probably going the best possible route. Any attempt to soft reboot would go badly for sure. I guess all the current characters in DCEU series including peacemaker will have their final product for 2023. 

Bigger question is how fast they can get new DCU rolling. I cannot see new Supes movie out before 2025. So only release they will have will be Joker 2. I am not sure if/when bats 2 with Reeves/Patz will be out as well. 

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

It makes perfect sense to not keep Cavill scene considering the tease will go nowhere. May be they will release that in Blu Ray extra in the future after new supes movie is out. 

At this point Gunn/Safran is probably going the best possible route. Any attempt to soft reboot would go badly for sure. I guess all the current characters in DCEU series including peacemaker will have their final product for 2023. 

Bigger question is how fast they can get new DCU rolling. I cannot see new Supes movie out before 2025. So only release they will have will be Joker 2. I am not sure if/when bats 2 with Reeves/Patz will be out as well. 

I have no idea what’s gonna happen but I just have a feeling his projects he’s worked on won’t be rebooted, I think it may just be the main JL cast or parts of it. Just my opinion but we’ll see. I just feel like when he first posted and said they were gonna “keep what worked” I think his projects would be included in that. 

5 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

I mean Aquaman worked and THR is saying Momoa is possibly walking away from that

Ya, like I said I have no idea what’s happening. Maybe Mamoa just wants to play another part? I could be completely wrong, no one knows what’s happening. I’d just be shocked if he doesn’t use Cena and Robbie again as those characters, he’s talked about them so much.

I also wouldn’t be shocked to see anyone he’s worked with in the guardians franchise be cast in an upcoming DC movie.