Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

17 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

I’m not sure how a show that’s been in development for like 5 years and has completely changed twice is some big surprise and means everything is done for. 

Welcome to Box Office Theory.

• Like 1

Someone needs to ask Matt Reeves why its taking so long for TB2 script. TB was originally a June 2021 release. 3 years ago. The fucking sequel should have been out by now for gods sake. Get with it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, excel1 said:

Someone needs to ask Matt Reeves why its taking so long for TB2 script. TB was originally a June 2021 release. 3 years ago. The fucking sequel should have been out by now for gods sake. Get with it. 

Yeah I was always a little confused by that needing to be moved to October 2026. Seems excessive, even from a "taking their time to make it great" standpoint.

The thing I don't understand, Reeves probably should be on 10+ drafts already but everyone says they didn't read any of them. And while he's been writing and struggling with this (think his producer promised TB2 just 2-3 years after the first one) he pitched Gunn an Arkham Asylum series set... In DCU? It just doesn't make much sense to me. That whole timeline.

• Like 1

All I know is that a big deal was made during the promotional cycle for The Batman about how Matt Reeves intended to expand that world with various spin-offs, only for one of those spin-offs to suddenly be retooled into a DCU project, and now said project is apparently dead. 

If nothing else, it doesn’t seem like we should expect all those spin-offs Reeves promised, other than the Penguin show. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

All I know is that a big deal was made during the promotional cycle for The Batman about how Matt Reeves intended to expand that world with various spin-offs, only for one of those spin-offs to suddenly be retooled into a DCU project, and now said project is apparently dead. 

On that front, Reeves' first project - a prequel tv series following Gordon and a "dark mirror" corrupt cop - was killed outright by WB a few years ago. WB's unwillingness to move forward on the Wright/Gordon show (which Reeves initially teased) always seemed like a warning sign and the now cancelled Arkham show was the show they came up with to replace Gotham PD/Jim_Gordon. I don't think the Arkham show was ever on a particularly firm creative footing.

The Penguin show, by contrast, seems to have been pretty straightforward

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

1 hour ago, PatrickvD said:

BET was floated as one to sell off. Which I get. It doesn’t have the value of say Nickelodeon or Paramount Pictures.

I think you have the wrong thread. This is the WB thread. 

52 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I think you have the wrong thread. This is the WB thread. 

My bad! :)

In that case, interested to see what they’d sell off. Paramount has more obvious dead weight brands than Warner.

CNN is one I’ve heard discussed pretty often. Unlike HBO or Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, it’s not really joined at the hip to Warner Bros.’s core brand. And as a cable network, it’s basically a liability in this day and age.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Give me a C. Give me an A. Give me a B. Give me an L. Give me an E.

What's that spell?

My god will you all stop. 

This is exactly what everyone wanted. Cable everything was included, on a contract, with no option to pick and choose what you want.

This is literally something where you can pick and choose what you want, no contract.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2024 at 7:41 PM, excel1 said:

I would rather he take it slow and get it right then rush it and get it wrong.

Nothing wrong with a director taking his time to get it right.

And one of the problems I have with a lot of fanboys where is their total lack of patience. They often want everything yesterday.

someties you just have to wait for the good things.

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Question is will the increase in stock prices make more then the additional cost in overhead, since you have to hire more admin people if you break up the operations.

Seems to be going in the oppostie direction form the standard "Company in trouble" playbook, where you try to eliminate overhead expenses by combining seperate operations when possible.