Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

4 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

We won't know the Barbie profit because Deadline isn't making a list for this year. Fuck. This is why we can't have nice things, god damn it

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9523yyzjfjha3keoxmqsk2

4 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Why is DL not making a list?!?!?!?!!?

Probably because of the six month long double strikes last year in Hollywood that threw a bunch of stuff off-balance. Assuming they’re even not doing it this year.

On 4/26/2024 at 1:03 AM, Speedorito said:

Probably because of the six month long double strikes last year in Hollywood that threw a bunch of stuff off-balance. Assuming they’re even not doing it this year.

Remember the initial conceit of the list was a "march madness" tie-in. I don't think it's definite but it seems very likely. 

Probably because of the six month long double strikes last year in Hollywood that threw a bunch of stuff off-balance. Assuming they’re even not doing it this year.

They also didn't do it in 2021. I think there's a decent chance it just dies like the MPAA theme report. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
I enjoy being wrong

17 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

We won't know the Barbie profit because Deadline isn't making a list for this year. Fuck. This is why we can't have nice things, god damn it

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9523yyzjfjha3keoxmqsk2

DL just put up the first movie on the list. 

Paw Patrol is 10th

https://deadline.com/2024/04/paw-patrol-the-mighty-movie-profits-1235895195/

We should get Barbie soon 

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

This is gonna be, what, the fourth live action incarnation of Scooby?  Is Jenna Ortega gonna play Velma or something? 

Also, interesting that it’s apparently going to Netflix and not Max. 

I would imagine people's expectations will be lowered after the Velma series.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

This is gonna be, what, the fourth live action incarnation of Scooby?  Is Jenna Ortega gonna play Velma or something? 

Also, interesting that it’s apparently going to Netflix and not Max. 

...one hour drama??

4 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Yet it got a second season, despite reviews.

I've understood the second season was already part of the initial order. So, it would be a loss of money if they didn't create it.

If it gets a third season, you will get a point. However, I really doubt a third season will happen.

4 hours ago, Kon said:

I've understood the second season was already part of the initial order. So, it would be a loss of money if they didn't create it.

If it gets a third season, you will get a point. However, I really doubt a third season will happen.

Could've written it off on their taxes

14 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Could've written it off on their taxes

It probably would've been, but the hatewatch-fueled success of that first season likely convinced them to give season 2 a proper release. It can easily function as their Big Mouth, a series consistently riling people up to great success every time, if they want it to. Time will tell what the Zaslav regime, who had no part on conceiving the series, decides to do next.