Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

2 minutes ago, Potiki said:

Global rollout, using HBO Max markets first.

Screen-Shot-2022-08-05-at-8-55-31-AM.png

Low goals only adding 38m or so subs

Screen-Shot-2022-08-05-at-8-58-12-AM.png

Remember…AT&T had pegged Max for 150m by 2025. Now they combined numbers, adding Discovery’s 25m current subs, and their projections are only at 138m. Shows you how poor the expansion has gone. 

• Like 5

Disney carrying that studio profit, first thing they shouted out was Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. 

But don't worry Zaslav says they have unmatched Brands (no one in the business has more/better brands)

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Nothing wrong with those terms.

It just implies “only men will like this” “only females will like this”. Dated. 

“Not before 2025 for the UK” guess I can continue not to care lol. Hopefully channels here get a bit quicker about picking stuff up though. 

• Like 3

• They will exclude unactivated HBO MAX customers from their tally
  • they only added 1.7 million subs across WBD streaming??? Was that just HBO Max???
  • THEYRE CUTTING INVESTMENT TO KIDS, CARTOONS, AND FAMILY ACROSS THE LEGACY COMPANY - NOT JUST HBO MAX
  • Batgirl, Wonder Twins and Scoob 2 didn’t fit new strategy
  • They’re going to start licensing shows back to third parties instead of hogging everything for HBO Max.
Edited by AJG
  • Sad 2

I find it funny that people were lambasting Disney for putting Pixar films on Disney+ which in a small way affected Lightyear but yet are also lambasting WBD for focusing on theatrical rather than direct to streaming. This place is like Jekyll and Hyde at times. 

• Like 1

Just now, AJG said:
  •  
  • they only added 1.7 million subs across WBD streaming??? Was that just HBO Max???

They lost 0.3m Domestic subs and gained 2m international subs that is across all subs (which would mostly be Disco+ and HBO Max)

15 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Zaslav is presenting HBO and Discovery as equals lmao I’m wheezing. 

That is ridiculous. What gets to me is that he thinks the Discovery lable is more valuable then the HBO label.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

It just implies “only men will like this” “only females will like this”. Dated. 

TBF there is an element of truth to it. A show like Selling Sunset for example is more likely to appeal to women compared to men even though men probably do watch it. Starz's target audience is what they term as premium female which is why their originals tend to feature women in the lead role or at least appeal to women. 

2 minutes ago, AJG said:
  • They will exclude unactivated HBO MAX customers from their tally
  • THEYRE CUTTING INVESTMENT TO KIDS, CARTOONS, AND FAMILY ACROSS THE LEGACY COMPANY
  • Batgirl, Wonder Twins and Scoob 2 didn’t fit new strategy
  • They’re going to start licensing shows back to third parties instead of hogging everything for HBO Max.

1 - no that’s HBO Max + Discovery Plus they added only 1.7m totoal

2 - yea that kids/animation/general content budget is being funneled right into discovery’s reality content. 

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

That is ridiculous. What gets to me is that he thinks the Discovery lable is more valuable then the HBO label.

TBF Zaslav was CEO of Discovery for 16 years so there is a bit of bias but both are very strong brands in their own ways. 

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I find it funny that people were lambasting Disney for putting Pixar films on Disney+ which in a small way affected Lightyear but yet are also lambasting WBD for focusing on theatrical rather than direct to streaming. This place is like Jekyll and Hyde at times. 

Dawg, them focusing on theatrical is the least of our problems.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Nobody is lambasting Warner for releasing theatrical. They’re lambasting them for cancelling movies already ready for DTC, and annihilating any hbo max original content budget there was. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

You really aren’t getting the bigger picture here.

• Like 1