Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

23 hours ago, bobdysm said:

He is to blame for their debt. The amount of debt Discovery took on from AT&T was part of the negotiation. They could have taken on less debt. But they might not have been able to get AT&T to agree to a deal if that were the case

Warners was having real debt problems before the merger. 

Abd if the merger was to blame, you have to share the blame with the people at Warners who agreed to it. I think Zaslev is doing a lousy job as CEO, but to blame him for all of Warners problems is just plain silly.

19 hours ago, cax16 said:

The biggest issue with the DC films is there’s been no build up to really anything, and while I’ve liked everything not everyone has. So where does that leave you? Basically everyone movie stands on its own. Whatever opinion you have of the mcu they’ve done an unbelievable job of building up to where they are. 

DC problem is they never had stable leadership the way Marvel did with Feige.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I just don’t understand why people would still be dumb enough to fall for this. 

Some are desperate, some are stupid. I know someone that invested a far too significant sum of money into this Crypto stuff. They're always on their phone moving from one currency to another to try and maintain their initial investment. They're plugged into the YouTube crypto 'news' sources to find out which new currency to jump into and when (he's moving the crypto money from one crypto place to another several times a day).

It looks like gambling addiction and it's deeply unpleasant to see in person.

Edited by AJG

23 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

This is just literally not true, LMAO. The prices are almost identical, and HBO Max has a ton more "content".

Ten buxks for Disney, 15 for HOB/Max and to be honest who has the better content is a matter of taste.

But inn numbers of suscribers DIsney * is considerably ahead. 

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Yeah, the NFT edition of LOTR:FOTR is a ripoff, pure and simple. As to to why people buy this crap, i can noly say there is a lot of truth to the old statment "There is a sucker born every minute" no matter who said it.

13 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

On the industry side of things, the startup area of tech is a circlejerk made up of VCs who love gimmicky ideas like crypto, entrepreneur techies who think they are making something revolutionary (eventhough its mostly stupid gimmicky shit like crypto), and people who want to work at a well-paying startup. All of this and add consumers who are easily duped, they got something a great self-sustaining loop to make profit here.

11 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

caiuse people are dumb and people feel  the way to get rich is get rich schemes then long term plans.

Look at how much they were selling Batman JPEGS for

It was likely a success - now they've moved onto LOTR. It does seem very desperate though.

• Like 1

I would say in defence of WB and DC is that while they've not cracked the shared film universe aspect just yet, they can play around with the DC brand in a way that Marvel can't because of the MCU. The various DC TV shows are a good examples of this as well as thing like Super-Pets which had pretty good legs and also non DCEU films like Joker and The Batman.

14 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I would say in defence of WB and DC is that while they've not cracked the shared film universe aspect just yet, they can play around with the DC brand in a way that Marvel can't because of the MCU. The various DC TV shows are a good examples of this as well as thing like Super-Pets which had pretty good legs and also non DCEU films like Joker and The Batman.

As I said before, until they build out the shared universe more every movie basically stands on its own now for reception and box office. There’s no good will built in like Marvel has. But that also leaves rooms for things like Joker and The Batman like you said which is great. 

So with Black Adam even though I had fun with it I can understand the criticisms it has received. Going forward, especially if the rock and his production team are involved they definitely need to focus more on the writing and story in future movies if they work together again.

Even though it seems like audiences are enjoying the movie more then critics they still need to do better next time cause that score on RT is keeping some people from seeing the movie. if it was 75-85 it would of helped a lot imo. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 2