Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

https://deadline.com/2023/01/dc-movie-tv-plan-james-gunn-peter-safran-batman-swamp-thing-green-lantern-1235244926/

Entitled Chapter One, “Gods and Monsters”, a portion of what will unfold between 2025-2027 includes five movies including the Gunn-penned Superman Legacy, a new Batman and Robin title, The Brave and the Bold, a Swamp Thing feature, and films centering around Supergirl and the deeper universe DC rogue squad The Authority. On the TV side, there’s an animated series, Creature Commandos written by Gunn, the Peacemaker spinoff live action series Waller with Viola Davis, a Lanterns series, Booster Gold and Paradise Lost.

Read this stuff here.

And @Morieris your time has come

• Astonished 2

Of all the TV series, Safran and Gunn seemed most excited for “Lanterns,” which Safran described as “a huge HBO-quality event” that is “very much in the vein of ‘True Detective.'”

somebody photoshop a green lantern mask on my boy

Q0dJS_-1434986515.gif

• Like 2

it all just seems very exhausting

the mcu is already too much, not sure itll be that easy to get general audiences (outside of superhero fans) to care about another fully interconnected supehero cinemtic universe

I also dont trust Gunn all that much

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

it all just seems very exhausting

the mcu is already too much, not sure itll be that easy to get general audiences (outside of superhero fans) to care about another fully interconnected supehero cinemtic universe

I also dont trust Gunn all that much

I agree. That's why, outside of The Batman and Joker 2, the new DC slate will be a real indication of the GA feeling towards CBM's and if there is actually "fatigue" or not

Sure. Some of these movies sounds fun.   

I think it’s good that they aren’t rushing any teamups and are starting with bat and supes+some eclectic ones.    

At the end of the day if these movies (and shows) are good people will come out and the franchise will be strong, and if they aren’t then we’ll get dcu 5.0 or whatever.

Edited by Favorite Fearless Legion
  • Like 1

why cant they make lanterns as a movie. Well made Green Lantern movie should do great. I am not a big fan of starting on tv and then moving to big screen. Original plan for Green Lantern Corps was to use other fringe lanterns while keeping HL/JS for movies. 

That said its good to see they are starting with a big picture. Now let us see how well they execute. 

Feel like having two Batman universes (three if we include Joker) all going on at once seems like absurd overkill and very confusing for the normies. I get Batman has to be in the big shared universe, but like...come on. That's just too much, on top of the HBO Max Penguin show

• Like 1