CJohn

The Peanuts Movie | November 6, 2015

I prefer the first Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007) over The Muppets (2011) :ph34r:*runs away to Asia to protect himself from future attacks*

I agree! Alvin and the Chimpmunks 2007 is phenomenal.

Anyways watched the Thanksgiving thingy yesterday and my god Pepermint Patty is a girl.

Ok. So I'm watching the Thanksgiving and Xmas special to familiarise myself with these character and im wondering:

This Peppermint Patty, she's gay or bi right?

She is tomboy. She likes Charlie Brown. Do like the specials? Edited by Snoopy of Suburbia
  • Like 1

Pretty sure she's just intended as a stereotypical 1970s tomboy. It's implied that she has a crush on Charlie Brown, so she could be bi.

My Peanuts fanboy side has to interject that PP was created in the mid-1960s.   :)

It's way more than implied by the way.   She chased him for years.   She calls him on the phone all the time trying to throw hints his way and gets mad at him for not responding the way she wants.  edit:  By the way, PP's friend Marcie also has a crush on Charlie Brown....even expressing a desire to marry him in one strip.

It's dangerously close to offensive to say that a girl must be a lesbian if she is a tom-boy.   My gf was a tomboy growing up and excelled at basketball.   She also proves girls can love Star Wars and Lord of the Rings too.   She just prefers to hang out with guys and listen to metal.   She still rolls her eyes at girls that are too "girly". (even though she has quite a girly side herself)

Coincidentally, I just attended a birthday party for a friend of mine who is a lesbian.   While it is true that many lesbians are "tom-boyish", a sizable portion of them are quite "girly".   And by the way, we all went bowling (it was a joke...but turned out to be fun).   Most of them could not bowl well at all.  There goes a stereotype that lesbians are more athletic or coordinated.

Schulz said that he created PP as a response to women's movement and the idea that gender stereotypes weren't always true.   Ironic that so many missed that point and instead aimed a different stereotype at her!   :D    (I do understand that stereotypes evolve for a reason)

Edited by Harpospoke
  • Like 5