CJohn

Monday Numbers (Big!!!)

Truly great to see the BO rebounding after a dismal 2 months, even if it is with the likes of generic garbage like Hotel Transylvania and Taken 2.

Why do you feel it is generic garbage?

Why do you feel it is generic garbage?

Well unfortunately some friends dragged me to Taken 2 and I really don't see what else that movie could be classified as. At best it was a pointless rehash, and at worst it was garbage. Admittedly I haven't seen Transylvania but the trailers looked pretty bad and reviews seem to back that up. I should see it myself though before I call it that in all fairness.

Canada-all filmsWE mkshare 8.92%Mon mkshare 17.21%Taken 2 Canada Mon mkshare 12.43% -14% from Sun (USA -57%)HT Canada Mon mkshare 19.27% +9% from Sun (USA -53%), +466% from Last Mon (USA +130%)PP Canada Mon mkshare 18.39% -3% from Sun (USA -58%),+800% from Last Mon (USA +355%)

Edited by Rth

Couple of extracts from past posts about Canada & Tues business-----The US is all over the place, Cinemark for example have discount tuesday at selected locations (think it doesn't apply if tues is opening day and may not apply to first tues can't recall)Cineplex when they had US cinemas had in Colorado discount tuesday back in 2007 and some other areasCanada & Australia started discount tuesdays in the 80's, initially it was called half price tuesday, From memory Canada started it first out of the two, Over the years the discounting % varies greatly on whats on offer same with Australia(could be 30% off, 50%, 70% etc.With canada over the years different cinema chains and individual theatres have stopped /started the discounting (some times the stop start is selected theatres or cities, where as Australia for example has remained more consistent), Tuesday plays a big part across large majority of years. So whether at any particular point in time Tuesday was discounted or not depending where you are, it was still one of the prefered middays to go in Canada.I don't really have time of day for this but below gives you an overallWE % of WK, TU % WK2012USA 72%, 8%CAN 64% 13%2011USA 71%, 7% (wed 7%)CAN 63%, 12% (Wed 7%)2008USA 71%, 6%CAN 65%, 11%2006USA 71%, 7%CAN 66%, 10%2004 USA 70%, 6% (wed 8%)CAN 65%, 12% (Wed 8%)2002USA 71%, 6%CAN 65%, 12%2000USA 71%, 7%CAN 65%, 12%1999USA 70%, 7% (wed 8%)CAN 65%, 13% (Wed 7%) ------Canada has had discount tuesdays since 80's, over the years different cinema chains and individual theatres have stopped /started the discounting (some times the stop start is selected theatres or cities), Tuesday plays a big part.for example last week Tuesday compared to 10 years agoTue 20/6/12 all titles/% chg Tu from mon/%chg We from TuUSA -1% / -20%CAN +53%/ -43% tue mkshare CA 14% mon&wed 10%NA +10% /-22%Tue 21/6/02USA -4%/ 0%CAN +70% / -31% Tue Mkshare CA 12%, Mon 7%, Wed 8%NA +2% / -4%sometimes CA mkshare on Tue can go as high as double other days

• Like 3

So the next milestones coming up for TE2 are:

Paranormal Activity 2

Aliens

Spy Kids 2

All sequels. It would be great if it beats PA2 because PA3 increased over PA2 and so by beating that it would show that TE3 can still be very successful.

Edited by Barney Ross