Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

9 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Fault anything you want about Ghost in The Shell, God knows this board and everyone else buried the crap out of it, but it did look great on the big screen.

This also looks great of course and while it does remind me of Ghost in the Shell's looks this still feels different from that to me, a bit more nostalgic perhaps? Not sure, I just felt some sort of anachronism going on when watching this trailer I guess.

It's the difference between being a sequel that seems set in the same world versus a remake that could never decide how much of the original world it was. 

2 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

It's the difference between being a sequel that seems set in the same world versus a remake that could never decide how much of the original world it was. 

scarlett-johannsson-phone.gif?w=650

Huh, it's probably just cause I have something to connect this trailer to while I had never seen anything Ghost in the Shell related before watching that movie.

Or maybe it's your take, you probably know better.

11 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

Harrison Ford is the least potent part of the masterpiece that is Blade Runner. What makes that film one of the best of *all time* is not that it has something profound to say (rarely a movie ever does) or convey. No, what makes it so special, is the sublime representation of mood, feelings, impressions. The film is lyrical, poetic, and stark. It creates a canvas where the bittersweet nature of essential human solitude and finitude is painted in a pure form. On top of its glorious visual language, the soundtrack further solidifies the film's almost absolute sublimity. I'm not joking, it almost brings me to tears every time I watch it. 

Jesus. This is like a parody those insufferable r/movies thread titles.

• Like 1

Conflicted about the trailer. Never saw original movie and have no idea what it's about. This trailer turns me off RE: generic futuristic CGI looking city art direction. The non city shots look great. Have no desire to watch Harrison Ford, really. 

Arrest me and lock me up for two years for blasphemy in Indonesia if you feel so inclined :P

12 minutes ago, Travod said:

Conflicted about the trailer. Never saw original movie and have no idea what it's about. This trailer turns me off RE: generic futuristic CGI looking city art direction. The non city shots look great. Have no desire to watch Harrison Ford, really. 

Arrest me and lock me up for two years for blasphemy in Indonesia if you feel so inclined :P

Before it was generic and overdone, that aesthetic was very distinctly Blade Runner.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Travod said:

I believe you. You haven't seen Blade Runner. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

If you haven't seen the first, I have no idea why you'd be interested in this one.

Was kind of anticipating a Mad Max: Fury Road type of affair. Had never seen the other three - not even heard of them. AND thought MMFR looked like trash when I saw the trailer in theaters. You know how that turned out for me.

Unless this is a literal direct sequel, which case I'd just have to get around to watching the original at some point.

Edited by Travod
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Travod said:

Was kind of anticipating a Mad Max: Fury Road type of affair. Had never seen the other three - not even heard of them. AND thought MMFR looked like trash when I saw the trailer in theaters. You know how that turned out for me.

Unless this is a literal direct sequel, which case I'd just have to get around to watching the original at some point.

As far as I can tell, this is a literal direct sequel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

If you haven't seen the first, I have no idea why you'd be interested in this one.

If you haven't seen the first, I have no idea why you'd be commenting on movies at all. 

1 hour ago, PPZVGOS said:

If you haven't seen the first, I have no idea why you'd be commenting on movies at all. 

That's a bit harsh. Blade Runner isn't the be all, end all of famous filmmaking. One can get his run started through Star Wars, Jaws, Back To The Future, Indiana Jones, etc.. Though yes, BR is a must watch if you wanna consider yourself a cinema fan, that I very much agree with.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Visually, Blade Runner changed the game, ask ANY director, production designer, VFX Supervisor, they would break it to you.

Game changing movie, as important as Star Wars.

Whatever you may think of Ridley Scott, he has been defining & refining the visual codes & aesthetics of mainstream cinema for the last 40 years.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That's a bit harsh. Blade Runner isn't the be all, end all of famous filmmaking. One can get his run started through Star Wars, Jaws, Back To The Future, Indiana Jones, etc.. Though yes, BR is a must watch if you wanna consider yourself a cinema fan, that I very much agree with.

Obviously I was engaging in hyperbole, but only to a degree. There can be no denying that Blade Runner is one of the most influential American films of all time (and in my view, one of the very best) 

It's really hard to convince me that it is an optional watch for any serious film nerd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Visually, Blade Runner changed the game, ask ANY director, production designer, VFX Supervisor, they would break it to you.

Game changing movie, as important as Star Wars.

Whatever you may think of Ridley Scott, he has been defining & refining the visual codes & aesthetics of mainstream cinema for the last 40 years.

You can also thank Heavy Metal (Metal Hurlant) for its great influence on Alien and Blade Runner.

To make a tacky comparison regarding SF's evolution with rock'n roll (symbolically regardless of chronology):

Welles and Verne were Chuck Berry and Elvis Presley.

Asimov, Herbert and Bradbury were The Beatles, the Beach Boys and The Rolling Stones.

Phillip K. Dick, Heinlein and Clarke were Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin.

Heavy Metal "Metal Hurlant" was Judas Priest and Motörhead aka the new wave of science fiction kicking the ass of the genre geezers with a punk edge.

All directors that dabble in the genre ever since owe something to those guys trying to materialize those crazy visions scripted and painted on the page.

3 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

You're a self proclaimed movie fan and have never seen BLADE RUNNER, The GODFATHER 1 and 2(No one cares about the 3rd movie to list) or fucking BRAVEHEART??? You Fail at Both Life and for the Day..

Related image

Sorry that they all probably suck but y'all remember them fondly because MEMBERBERRIES.