baumer

Weekend numbers Oct 19-21

The fourth chapter, which continued where "2" left off, opened early on Thursday night at 9PM to make $4.5 million including midnights then added another $10.5 million on Friday. The lo-fi horror movie reportedly cost only $5 million (roughly 1,000 times the cost of Oren Peli's original movie), which means that it was profitable as of Friday and even with the fairly big drop from the previous installment, we can probably expect a fifth and sixth movie sometime down the line. (UPDATE: Paramount have already announced via The Hollywood Reporter that there will be a Paranormal Activity 5 released next October.)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96211

It's really time to stop... Stop it while it's still good so people remember it as a franchise that was good and popular not a franchise that had to stop because it had gotten too stupid already.

Btw I just realized Ted has made more OS then John Carter,Battleship,Wrath of the Titans,Snow White and soon Promettheus and THG. In terms of biggest surprise of the year Ted's OS performance is definitely one of them

It's really time to stop... Stop it while it's still good so people remember it as a franchise that was good and popular not a franchise that had to stop because it had gotten too stupid already.

Good idea or not. Studios will ride the money train until the wheels fall off.

PA4 was fantastic imo and as long as they tie it all up in the next one, then I'm fine with them doing another. But it has to tie it up. The last two just opened up too many questions.

PA4 was fantastic imo and as long as they tie it all up in the next one, then I'm fine with them doing another. But it has to tie it up. The last two just opened up too many questions.

I think they have no idea how to tie them all together....