kayumanggi

2015 Discussion Thread: Universal wins the calendar year | SW: TFA - biggest film domestic, 3rd biggest film worldwide

I saw this thread and didn't even bother to read the replies to this, but YES, This is clearly a no brainer in that TA2 will easily make what the 1st movie did, but not much more... People seem to forget just how hard it really is for these movies to make the $$$$ we're all predicting, but TA2 will not make much more than the 1st movie did and that's still phenomenal if so...

What are you smoking?  :huh:  AOU is going to make 2B+ WW

Inferno is scheduled to open against SW as well.  That should move.  That isn't counter programming at all.  That's just dumb if it stays in that slot.

I can totally see AOU making 1.2B+ OS and about 600M+ DOM, just 200M shy of that 2B mark. I think it can reach there eventually.

That's not 2B though.  

And imho, I can see it doing 520-540 domestic and 1.1 bill internationally (most of the increase coming from China).  I don't see it increases all that much from the other international territories as it was already a massive hit in most places.

• Like 1

That's not 2B though.  

And imho, I can see it doing 520-540 domestic and 1.1 bill internationally (most of the increase coming from China).  I don't see it increases all that much from the other international territories as it was already a massive hit in most places.

I think it can increase in Europe, where TA was not specially big (not in the same way than other blockbusters). I am conscious than SH movies are not too loved in Europe, but this one could increase here.

Said this, your numbers are quite close to what I am thinking.

• Like 1

Inferno is scheduled to open against SW as well.  That should move.  That isn't counter programming at all.  That's just dumb if it stays in that slot.

I think it will, if just because I think Ron Howard is more interested in doing Jungle Book than Inferno

I'm pretty sure Avengers is a sure thing for this, Star Wars will gross over a billion dollars but its going to need a lot more than that. We all expected huge things for The Hobbit and look how that turned out. 

I'm pretty sure Avengers is a sure thing for this, Star Wars will gross over a billion dollars but its going to need a lot more than that. We all expected huge things for The Hobbit and look how that turned out. 

Avengers 2 - 1.45B

Star Wars - 1.15B

I'm pretty sure SW will wipe the floor with the Avengers.  Novelties are just that, novelties.  Avengers will do very well, but SW will take it domestic and WW.

• Like 2