kayumanggi

2015 Discussion Thread: Universal wins the calendar year | SW: TFA - biggest film domestic, 3rd biggest film worldwide

What are your predictions

I think Avengers will drop a bit domestically and a bit internationally.

I think it will be close but in the end SW will win out.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure SW will wipe the floor with the Avengers.  Novelties are just that, novelties.  Avengers will do very well, but SW will take it domestic and WW.

I hope so SW7 is the only thing besides Batman and Superman that I think can also Join Titan and Avatar in that all too unique category of 2billion.

Why would it drop, when all the points don't support this. Avengers wins easily.

Wrong Avengers on HV did well but not amazing like Avatar and other juggernauts, Im not even sure if it badly outsold TDK on HV.

So there are signs it could definitely drop, though Im predicting 1.44 WW ,

SW7 will hit 1.6-1.7B WW(Has a chance to join the 2B WW club-Like Baumer man said you just cant underestimate the Nostalgia SW loonies effect Drunkzilla :D)

I think Avengers will drop a bit domestically and a bit internationally.

I think it will be close but in the end SW will win out.

Yep look at Avengers HV BO.. Movie grossed 600+M but didnt set the HV BO ablaze like TDK and other films before it.  Not a good sign that the team up factor will bring them much past 1.4-1.6B WW margin indeed Baum.

SWS 7 vs Batman vs Supern vs Juggernaut 2016-Should be interesting :D

Wrong Avengers on HV did well but not amazing like Avatar and other juggernauts, Im not even sure if it badly outsold TDK on HV.

So there are signs it could definitely drop, though Im predicting 1.44 WW ,

SW7 will hit 1.6-1.7B WW(Has a chance to join the 2B WW club-Like Baumer man said you just cant underestimate the Nostalgia SW loonies effect Drunkzilla :D)

To get to those heights it will need to be a good movie and rely a bit on repeat viewings and word-of-mouth. If its shit there's no way it gets that high. Also the last two made 330m and 470m Os, not exactly huge numbers. 

Edited by eXtacy

Wrong Avengers on HV did well but not amazing like Avatar and other juggernauts, Im not even sure if it badly outsold TDK on HV.So there are signs it could definitely drop, though Im predicting 1.44 WW ,SW7 will hit 1.6-1.7B WW(Has a chance to join the 2B WW club-Like Baumer man said you just cant underestimate the Nostalgia SW loonies effect Drunkzilla :D)

Holy fuck man, use some common sense. I liked The Dark Knight and Star Wars, but The Avengers shits on them both on their box office run. Just look at the numbers.

avengers will do 1B OS easily even 1.1 or 1.2 and 500M+ DOM. I don't see it doing worse than the first one

Star Wars will DOM easily, no competition there. idk the international effect but it'll probably rule in there too. I see them both making 1.5B+

I'm gonna use SM1 and SM2 as comparisons for AoU. SM2 dropped a bit less than 10% from SM1 which also had similar attendance to TA and was similarly received. Though there is a solid chance AoU will have a bit lower 3D share than TA, so around 10% seems good to me.So AoU will probably do around $560-570.WW though, it might go up enough to more than make up for it.

Edited by Mango

I hope so SW7 is the only thing besides Batman and Superman that I think can also Join Titan and Avatar in that all too unique category of 2billion.

Nope there is one more.... If they would find a extra secret part of tolkien's master piece LOTR so we would ge a LOTR4