baumer

Full Weekend estimates pg 17

Now that I think about it, we don't have big romcom hits in Hollywood anymore. The Vow is more dramatic so I don't consider it a romcom. I mean the Meg Ryan-Julia Roberts type of romcom. I guess the last big one was The Proposal

There it ishttp://boxofficemojo.com/monthly/?view=calendargross&yr=2009&month=11The combo of BD2, Skyfall and Ralph will definitely outgross NM, 2012 and ACC, but we won't have a fourth $100m grosser until the end of the month, and there are simply not as many wide releases this time (10 as opposed to 13, or 11 if you include Killing Them Softly). So yeah it'll be a challenge.

Ralph: 100M - 150MSkyfall : 150M - 200MBD2: 275M - 325MGuardians: 100M - 150MLincoln: 50M?

Ralph: 100M - 150MSkyfall : 150M - 200MBD2: 275M - 325MGuardians: 100M - 150MLincoln: 50M?

very reasonable numbers, I would sayFlight - 70mRalph - 160mSkyfall - 180mTwilight - 295mLife of Pi - 55mRed Dawn - 65mRise of the Guardians - 145m

There it ishttp://boxofficemojo...r=2009&month=11The combo of BD2, Skyfall and Ralph will definitely outgross NM, 2012 and ACC, but we won't have a fourth $100m grosser until the end of the month, and there are simply not as many wide releases this time (10 as opposed to 13, or 11 if you include Killing Them Softly). So yeah it'll be a challenge.

Maybe LIFE OF PI could contribute a little.

actually no, Columbia paid 10 million for brooks, 15 million for Witherspoon, 12 million for Nicholson, 10 million for Wilson and 3 million for Rudd and wikipedia also blame the "Brooks' slow and meticulous" production and post-production

Rudd was the male lead of that movie, obviously 3 million is nothing to laugh at but compared to everyone else the dude was ripped off.

Cloud Atlas is essentially a big budget indie film, so it did well, even if its budget is $100M. I know that I was hoping for a $20M opening, but that was a hope more than anything. I am happy with what it made. Having seen this film, I think with time, it will gain more popularity and more of a following. Sadly, that doesn't affect its BO gross though.

• Like 1

Cloud Atlas is essentially a big budget indie film, so it did well, even if its budget is $100M. I know that I was hoping for a $20M opening, but that was a hope more than anything. I am happy with what it made. Having seen this film, I think with time, it will gain more popularity and more of a following. Sadly, that doesn't affect its BO gross though.

Definitely, and it's doing roughly the same as Hugo, which I think is a huge accomplishment, because Hugo despite being an even bigger budgeted indie, is still more accessible than Cloud Atlas.