4. The Avengers

5. The Hobbit

6. GI Joe 2

7. Prometheus

8. Skyfall

9. Dark Shadows

10. The Expendables 2

Edited by 75live

Week of 2/10 - 2/161. Hunger Games (3/23)2. Prometheus (6/8)3. The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (12/14)4. The Dark Knight Rises (7/20)5. The Avengers (5/4)6. American Reunion (4/6)7. Brave (6/22)8. The Expendables II (8/17)9. Red Dawn (11/2)10. World War Z (12/21)Looking in: John Carter (3/9), The Amazing Spider-Man (7/4), Skyfall (11/9)

Thats not the point, the point is one movie different posters with one inclusion "THG", its tactical voting

Your sentence is awful, but I get your point. Why is that an issue, though? If people are only excited about The Hobbit, let them vote for that. Voters shouldn't be required to tack on unanticipated films just to make it "fair".

Your sentence is awful, but I get your point. Why is that an issue, though? If people are only excited about The Hobbit, let them vote for that. Voters shouldn't be required to tack on unanticipated films just to make it "fair".

Fair enough, if the op does not have any guidlines or rules which state the amount of films that have to be included then there is no real problem other then a talking point. Edited by Water Bottle
Took out an offensive line, requested by zlazer.

• Community Manager

Why does there need to be a minimum? Some of us really aren't excited about many films.

This is a weighted list, and in order for it to be properly weighted, I think that's why the minimum exits. I could be wrong.

This is a weighted list, and in order for it to be properly weighted, I think that's why the minimum exits. I could be wrong.

Well, on my list, Hunger Games (#1) gets 10 points and Wimpy Kid (#2) gets 9 points. Those are the movies I'm currently excited about. If I were to throw in some more films, the Hunger Games would still be getting 10 points, and Wimpy Kid would still get 9. Those are unaffected, if I understand the scoring right.

Thats not the point, the point is one movie different posters with one inclusion "THG", its tactical voting

Yes, but you can just do that, even with the 10 movie minimum rule. Just pick your favorite movie, then select 9 obscure films that no one has ever heard of, to fill out the list. If it's not permitted to select non-wide films, then just find 9 equivalent to Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer or whatever that has no chance of affecting anything.

In a most anticipated movie thread, on a movie forum website, there is no way anyone posting in here can not have at least 5 movies they are anticipating/looking forward to for the whole year. If you can't list at least 5 movies I don't think you should be counted as it's obvious you are only posting to sway the voting/standings, not actually list your most anticipated movies.

Edited by FTF
  • Like 3

But if I don't vote for, say, the Hobbit, it's not swaying the vote away from the Hobbit. Think of it this way:

[*]If I don't post a most-anticipated list, The Hobbit gets 0 points.

[*]If I post a most-anticipated list without The Hobbit, it still gets 0 points.

The Hobbit has not been treated unfairly, because if I was excited about The Hobbit, I would've put it on my list. There's no reason why I should be required to add films that I'm only semi-interested in. As rb02 said, if I was forced to include 5 films, I could just add in random filler crap like Chimpanzee that won't effect anything.

Truth is, I'm excited about The Hunger Games and Wimpy Kid 3, and those are the ones I want to put on my list. I'm wasting my votes for #3-#10 which could help other films, but I don't have anything to put there.

Edited by American Eagle

How about this: why don't people put down their most anticipated movies in the real order and be honest about it so we actually have a better idea of what movies people are really anticipating which is the whole point of the thread in the first place...People should put down a list of ten, even if they won't actually see everything, just put down films you are mildy interested in to make up the numbers. It's not that hard.You shouldn't be able to put down one or two films for a 12 month period, nobody will believe you and it just turns the thread into a joke. Films should only reach number 1 if the interest is really there and not because they are being artificially inflated by people putting in obscure choices or only putting down two films to ensure their desired film reaches number 1.If people don't do this properly their votes shouldn't be counted.

Edited by Magic

Then we disagree.Forcing users to add films that they aren't anticipating makes a mockery of the thread, IMO.

If it's only 9 and ten then that's ok. Or maybe people should just put down 8 films but people putting down 2 films is a joke. Edited by Magic

But the thing is, no one can ever prove that someone actually REALLY only anticipates one or two films. So how does one decide when a person is being sincere or not about not anticipating very many films? You can't.

Just because one person couldn't possibly understand how another can't think of at least 5 films they are anticipating, doesn't mean the latter is doing it on purpose. Maybe that person genuinely ISN'T excited about that many films. It's possible, ya know. Different strokes for different folks and many other clichés.

Like me for example. I don't do this thread much because I only consider a film to be anticipated by me if I know for a fact I will be there to see it, probably opening weekend. And that number is really never that large. At this moment in time, I can think of all of 4-5 that I am positive I'll be seeing. Sure, there are others I'm mildly interested in, but I can take them or leave them and I don't really care if I see them in theaters. I wouldn't call that even remotely "anticipating" them.

But alas:

If I'm forced to do 5:

1. The Hunger Games

2. The Avengers

3. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

4. Snow White and the Huntsman

5. The Dark Knight Rises

If I'm forced to do 10:

6. The Lorax

7. American Reunion

8. The Amazing Spider-Man

9. Brave

10. Rock of Ages

I had to go look at a list of releases just to remember what was coming out, and really those bottom 5 are all interchangeable with each other and others not on the list. :lol: