A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

19 minutes ago, firedeep said:

I overestimated AndhaDhan, underestimated P storm. This market is too unpreditable.

P Storm was not good at all, not sure how it got such high scores.

On Hong Kong’s WMOOV Box office website, P Storm got a 4.5/10; while Shazam has a 8/10.

how can China and HK’s taste be so different when P Storm is a HK movie... lol

Up to 7.9 now. More people who have actually watched the movie are reviewing. Lol

From the app, if you filter by latest comments, the latest comments from people who have bought tickets are mostly 8 - 10 points.

Hope it climbs to above 8.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Up to 7.9 now. More people who have actually watched the movie are reviewing. Lol

From the app, if you filter by latest comments, the latest comments from people who have bought tickets are mostly 8 - 10 points.

BP has 8 in Maoyan I think. It ended up with 1.6x multiplier. Maybe the same will happen to Shazam.

3 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

I think marvel fans and many fans of other films opening are gunning for its downfall to be honest.

8.6% of audiences giving it below 2 (out of 10points), something is wrong. It is not that divisive. 

other films have at most around 3% of such scores, other than those really divisive films or artistic films.

PS: you don’t actually need to buy tickets to give reviews.

If you’re done peddling ridiculous theories, perhaps u can sufficiently explain questions raised by some others. 

Why this movie and not Aquaman? This movie was always going to be small. So if something had to be targeted then why not go for the big dogs like Aquaman and Venom? 

Every movie, especially superhero movies, get review bombed to an extent. Much of it is due to franchise rivalry. But to attribute it completely to “MCU and other franchise” is nonsense. Captain Marvel was review bombed even worse around the world. So using the same logic as you those must all be DC fans leaving sexist comments then. Right?

We’ve already seen that anticipation and legs are low in other countries in Europe and Asia too. Did the “MCU” fans successfully brainwash the local populations there too to not go out to see the movie to the point that its one of the lowest opening SH movie ever?

Keep your biases and fanboy wars out of this thread. This section has been free from such pettiness so far. Dont ruin it

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

If you’re done peddling ridiculous theories, perhaps u can sufficiently explain questions raised by some others. 

Why this movie and not Aquaman? This movie was always going to be small. So if something had to be targeted then why not go for the big dogs like Aquaman and Venom? 

Every movie, especially superhero movies, get review bombed to an extent. Much of it is due to franchise rivalry. But to attribute it completely to “MCU and other franchise” is nonsense. Captain Marvel was review bombed even worse around the world. So using the same logic as you those must all be DC fans leaving sexist comments then. Right?

We’ve already seen that anticipation and legs are low in other countries in Europe and Asia too. Did the “MCU” fans successfully brainwash the local populations there too to not go out to see the movie to the point that its one of the lowest opening SH movie ever?

Keep your biases and fanboy wars out of this thread. This section has been free from such pettiness so far. Dont ruin it

Huh?

can you re-read some of my previous posts?

Aquaman didn’t open between 2 highly anticipated marvel movies though...

and I said that because some of the top mentioned things like ‘wait for EndGame’. Or like ‘release this on Children’s Day, not before End Game’.

go take a look yourself. Once again, there are people who probably didn’t like it but I mean I am sure there are fans of other Brands who are also review bombing. 

don’t be too defensive and just please scroll through those reviews yourself.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

Huh?

can you re-read some of my previous posts?

Aquaman didn’t open between 2 highly anticipated marvel movies though...

And that is relevant because? Are you inferring that your “MCU and other franchise fans” got spooked by freaking Shazam of all movies that it might impact Endgame somehow and want this movie to fail. Thats an even more nonsensical logic than before. 

And way to dodge my other points. Kudos on that 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

And that is relevant because? Are you inferring that your “MCU and other franchise fans” got spooked by freaking Shazam of all movies that it might impact Endgame somehow and want this movie to fail. Thats an even more nonsensical logic than before. 

Yes why Shazam? I mean nobody really cares about him like other superheroes so that does raise a question

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Don't think they are spooked, just generally dislike of the other brand.

Once again go read the reviews yourself instead of venting your anger here...

Gosh.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Maoyan only counts the ratings from those who actually bought tickets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, shuotong said:

Black panther has a 8.4 with 1.6x. Can't wait to see the leg of Shazam lol

I thought it was 8.0? Never mind. CM has 8.7 right? It's multiplier is 1.7x but the OW is huge so it's understandable that it's multiplier is closer to BP's. 

6 minutes ago, shuotong said:

If this is true, kudos to them. Unlike the RT audience score which is a fraud. RT has no checks in place to verify that the audience giving the rating has actually seen the movie.

Edited by UserHN

22 minutes ago, shuotong said:

Is this confirmed? Because the app also shows reviews from people who does not have the ‘bought ticket’ ticked under their reviews.

25 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Don't think they are spooked, just generally dislike of the other brand.

Once again go read the reviews yourself instead of venting your anger here...

Gosh.

Oh I am sorry did I exasperate you with my simple questions and asking for a logical explanation. Maybe you shouldnt make stupid assertions so that when people easily refute you, you get frustrated. 

And I dont need to go back and check your responses because you havent bothered replying to half of the points and the points that you have made makes no sense. Sinply repeating the same thing over and over does not make it sensible or true. 

And I also do not need to read the review because I am not naive to be shocked by some bad reviews. As I already said it happens with pretty much every SH movie. Captain Marvel had to face far far worse yet you didnt see people running around here shouting that all the sexist review comments were made by DC fans. 

My biggest gripe however is that you are unnecessarily ruining the discourse. Just look at the last few pages that your shit stirring has led to. If you have to do it and try to incite fanboy wars then there is a thread for that. Dont do it here at least. And I am done debating with the likes of you who do nothing but stir the pot. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2