Song of Youth 12.85m/278m, +41%

Dumbo 10.45m/102m, +133%

Durante la tormenta 3.3m/97.3m

Bohemian Rhapsody 1.68m/86.65m

Captain Marvel 1.26m/1031m

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

11 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

<100 holiday OD with that Maoyan is pretty discouraging. 

But hey, at least Sat PS picked up a tad.

yes PS did pop a bit. will get over 12m. 60-70m sat.

210-220m weekend maybe $32-33m

$50-$55 total

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

23 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Douban ratings of some other movies:-

Infinity War - 8.1

Aquaman - 7.7

Thor Ragnarok - 7.4

Ant Man 2 - 7.3

Shazam - 7.3

Venom - 7.2

Bumblebee - 7.1

Wonder Woman - 7.1

Captain Marvel - 7.0

Batman v Superman - 6.7

Justice League - 6.5

Douban rating has fallen to 6.8 now whereas Maoyan rating has increased and stabilized at 8.0

On 4/3/2019 at 11:37 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Shazam (1 day out)

Midnight - 2.07m

OD - 9.38m (+54.5%) (86787 shows)

Sat - 2.60m

Sun - 1.70m

Decent increase today but the increases over the past 3 days have fallen behind our two comparisons (JL and T:R). Show count is on the same level as these movies but quite behind when looking at recent (2018 onwards) SH movies. One of the reasons for both the low show count and low PS could be that another new opener which opens tomorrow and has a decent PS itself. 

Looking at the PS. the ratings from South Korea and the report by Gavin, I am gonna lower my OW range to below 40m. I'm thinking 34-39m USD OW at this point. 

Let's see how it does tomorrow. Both Justice League and Thor Ragnarok doubled their PS on the last day so Shazam should aim for that. 

I should have stuck with my earlier prediction but the huge last day increase in PS threw me off. 

Sat PS is at 12.89 which is a drop of about -47.64% from OD PS. The only other SH movie that had a holiday on OD was Captain Marvel whose Sat PS was off about 10% from OD PS. Captain Marvel Saturday went on to increase about 5% from OD. Shazam probably wont increase from Friday seeing that its PS is down so much. I think Sat might be at 70 million which would be about 30% or so drop. CM fell 37% on its Sunday. Giving Shazam a better 30% drop gets it to about 50m on Sunday. That gives a total of 223m or about 33m USD OW. That's close to where Maoyan is predicting as well (34m). 

One thing I overlooked was how well P Storm would be received and how well it would do. Not sure how much of an effect that had on Shazam but it's on it way to win the weekend despite releasing a day earlier. It probably will also have more shows than Shazam on Saturday as well. 

Legs are difficult to guess here too. Generally such low ratings would lead to short legs of around 1.5-1.6 but maybe the low OW gross and no new competition for the next 3 weeks could result in somewhat not disastrous legs around 1.7-1.8 which would get it to 56-59m total. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Douban rating has fallen to 6.8 now whereas Maoyan rating has increased and stabilized at 8.0

I should have stuck with my earlier prediction but the huge last day increase in PS threw me off. 

Sat PS is at 12.89 which is a drop of about -47.64% from OD PS. The only other SH movie that had a holiday on OD was Captain Marvel whose Sat PS was off about 10% from OD PS. Captain Marvel Saturday went on to increase about 5% from OD. Shazam probably wont increase from Friday seeing that its PS is down so much. I think Sat might be at 70 million which would be about 30% or so drop. CM fell 37% on its Sunday. Giving Shazam a better 30% drop gets it to about 50m on Sunday. That gives a total of 223m or about 33m USD OW. That's close to where Maoyan is predicting as well (34m). 

One thing I overlooked was how well P Storm would be received and how well it would do. Not sure how much of an effect that had on Shazam but it's on it way to win the weekend despite releasing a day earlier. It probably will also have more shows than Shazam on Saturday as well. 

Legs are difficult to guess here too. Generally such low ratings would lead to short legs of around 1.5-1.6 but maybe the low OW gross and no new competition for the next 3 weeks could result in somewhat not disastrous legs around 1.7-1.8 which would get it to 56-59m total. 

China when Aquaman opened “saviour”

China when Shazam opened “enemy”

29 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Assuming a midpoint of 2:30 heading to about 62-65 for the day. About a 33-36% drop. We’ll have more clarification in a few hours

Seems quite right. Shazam is at 28.65M @ 2PM compared to 49M at same point on Friday, so Sat is already more than 20M behind Friday. Current pace is around 75% that of Friday, so should add another 36M from here for 65M finish.

210-215M OW... 400M finish. 

• Thanks 1