A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

So was Apes extremely overestimated? By those numbers its 4-day cume is below the $47m that the studio estimated for the 3-day! The heck?I have never heard of any other case of a film coming in so far below estimates as to require another TWO days for the actuals to match/surpass the 3-day studio estimate.

Edited by TServo2049

So was Apes extremely overestimated? By those numbers its 4-day cume is below the $47m that the studio estimated for the 3-day! The heck?

I have never heard of any other case of a film coming in so far below estimates as to require another TWO days for the actuals to match/surpass the 3-day studio estimate.

You are so annoying!!!  I never see someone like you before!!! Overestimated...you complaint!  Underestimated...  you complaint too!!!  What do you want?   Do you think it is easy to estimate a film in a very short period of time (at the end of the day)???

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

Hey, Super Girl, I feel bad being yelled at like that. I was just asking because I was confused as to why Apes seemed to be doing so well, and then turned out to have come in so far below the STUDIO estimate (as in, the $47m that was reported everywhere - I was not talking about YOUR numbers)I am not trying to criticize you at all - I was just surprised at how much the numbers changed from estimates to actuals.I really appreciate the work you've been doing. You and Olive (and sometimes efialtes76) are the only way any of us can get China dailies. I am not criticizing your estimate skills at all, so I apologize if I said anything you took the wrong way. I did not mean to offend you and I am sorry if I did.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 4

You are so annoying!!!  I never see someone like you before!!! Overestimated...you complaint!  Underestimated...  you complaint too!!!  What do you want?  I tell you what!  You can fcuk off!!!  If I were you, I will shut my mouth and get out of here!  Do you think it is easy to estimate a film in a very short period of time (at the end of the day)???

I don't think he was criticizing you at all, he mentioned the studio estimates. You do a great job in this thread and I always look forward to your daily numbers.

• Like 3

Is Super Girl 10 years old?

No, but she felt disparaged and she had a melt down. I edited her post and hopefully no one reports each other.  Let's let this blow over.  She works diligently to get the numbers here.  

• Like 1

Hey, Super Girl, I feel bad being yelled at like that. I was just asking because I was confused as to why Apes seemed to be doing so well, and then turned out to have come in so far below the STUDIO estimate (as in, the $47m that was reported everywhere - I was not talking about YOUR numbers)I am not trying to criticize you at all - I was just surprised at how much the numbers changed from estimates to actuals.I really appreciate the work you've been doing. You and Olive (and sometimes efialtes76) are the only way any of us can get China dailies. I am not criticizing your estimate skills at all, so I apologize if I said anything you took the wrong way. I did not mean to offend you and I am sorry if I did.

Hi, Tservo2049 :)! As Olive mentioned before those daily est are based on data collected from 25% of nationwide theatres only so they can be off a lot.  China's movie market is booming and this just happened in recent years.  Unlike USA, UK, Japan, etc, China still is a developing country therefore we still have a lot to learn. ;)

Edited by SUPER GIRL
  • Like 1

According to THR,

"Paramount's Transformers: Age of Extinction also hit a franchise low in the U.S., but it has amassed north of $1.07 billion globally after becoming the top film of all time in China with $331 million. "There is no question the movie business is cyclical," says Paramount vice chairman Rob MooreAge of Extinction's lengthy running time of 165 minutes no doubt hurt it in the U.S. (the previous installments were shorter)."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-crash-what-caused-728367

So, TF4 $331M(Final) in China

Edited by SUPER GIRL
  • Like 2